Premed 101 Forums

MOTP Surge 2019

On 4/6/2019 at 2:39 PM, Saska2 said:

Are the Canadian Armed Forces going to offer to pick up unmatched students like they did last year? Asking for a friend ;) 

They'll roll it out when 2nd round ends. Last year was a $150k signing bonus for unmatched students and a 5 year RoS which includes 2 years residency. After residency there's about 6 months collective of basic and officers training.

Call the recruiters NOW if you are worried about being unmatched as the application is quite long and the security check +CFAT if they don't wave it again can drag out the applications

https://forces.ca/en/career/medical-officer

All glory to the Murdercube!

Yes+_4680d37e8d6dc0ebe4516135937341ab.jp/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, moonwalker2099 said:

Anyone receive any positive luck in being recruited to this? Any feedback?

I just received an email from CAF that the participating universities have made their selection, and now they are planning for possibly another MOTP Surge for 2020. 

I did not receive anything from the uni that I interviewed at, so I assume I was not selected. 

3 hours ago, moosehead11 said:

I just received an email from CAF that the participating universities have made their selection, and now they are planning for possibly another MOTP Surge for 2020. 

I did not receive anything from the uni that I interviewed at, so I assume I was not selected. 

That really sucks. I'm sorry. Do you know what happens to unfilled spots after 2nd iteration? Does it turn into a scramble like in the US? If you're interested in FM, there were still some spots left over outside of Quebec (MUN, NOSM, Manitoba). If you were thinking of doing MOTP then eventually doing a different specialty, maybe look at Manitoba? The program comes with a 2 year ROS with re-rentry for further training when it's done.

12 hours ago, photato said:

That really sucks. I'm sorry. Do you know what happens to unfilled spots after 2nd iteration? Does it turn into a scramble like in the US? If you're interested in FM, there were still some spots left over outside of Quebec (MUN, NOSM, Manitoba). If you were thinking of doing MOTP then eventually doing a different specialty, maybe look at Manitoba? The program comes with a 2 year ROS with re-rentry for further training when it's done.

There were only 2 family med and 1 public health and preventative medicine spots at NOSM in post match for competitive stream. The deadline for both are long gone. There was barely anything left for IMGs to apply to both in second iteration and postmatch. 

• 2 years later...