Premed 101 Forums

So my DAT scores are:

18 PAT

19 AA

20 RC

I currently have around a 3.9 GPA. Im hoping to apply to UofT and Western. I don't know if I should rewrite the DAT again in November or if these results are good enough.

From what i've been told having a 20+ AA is competitive. But I've seen people get in with 18 and 19 AA. If you have the time and money, and truly think you can improve then I would go for it. But if you don't want to risk it then I wouldn't bother. 

6 hours ago, DentalNerdZ said:

From what i've been told having a 20+ AA is competitive. But I've seen people get in with 18 and 19 AA. If you have the time and money, and truly think you can improve then I would go for it. But if you don't want to risk it then I wouldn't bother. 

Can't you just use your best DAT anyways? So if you have the time and money to do it again, I don't see why not.

If you're applying for UofT and want a shot at it, I'd recommend retaking the DAT. (UofT is a numbers game).

However, Western doesn't count the DAT as heavily, as long as you meet cut-offs and have a strong ABS. I've received an interview at Western with DAT scores similar to that.

2 hours ago, hellothere123 said:

If you're applying for UofT and want a shot at it, I'd recommend retaking the DAT. (UofT is a numbers game).

However, Western doesn't count the DAT as heavily, as long as you meet cut-offs and have a strong ABS. I've received an interview at Western with DAT scores similar to that.

Did you apply in the States too? Would my chances be better there with this DAT score?

3 hours ago, pen1290 said:

Did you apply in the States too? Would my chances be better there with this DAT score?

It's possible to get into US schools with these DAT scores. If you're not a US citizen aim for private schools that are Canadian friendly and research each schools stats. But it's also possible to get into Western

13 hours ago, DentalNerdZ said:

Yeah Im not sure what Im going to do because a lot of the people on these forums have like 21+ in all the categories but I heard that the November DAT is harder.

Just study harder this summer and retake the DAT in November. Having the experience of one DAT already will make things easier. Don't lose hope, lots of people take the DAT multiple times. Your GPA is good so do you really want a weak DAT to be the only thing holding you down? 

22 minutes ago, pen1290 said:

Yeah Im not sure what Im going to do because a lot of the people on these forums have like 21+ in all the categories but I heard that the November DAT is harder.

Yeah, I agree. I had taken the DAT November 2018 and gotten marks ~18 but retook it in February 2019 and got ~23. I had heard people saying that the November DAT was harder and I never believed them but that's what I noticed from my experience with it as well. Take it again!!

1 hour ago, Fentist said:

Are all nov dats generally hard or was the nov 2018 dat a rare case? 

Definitely an exception. I checked the stats for previous DATs before that and it was the lowest out of several years! I’m pretty sure that taking the DAT during november isn’t always like that.