Premed 101 Forums

May 14 Countdown

16 minutes ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

Things could be so different, or more of the same :( 

Well said. Its strange knowing my dreams could come true in 31 days. I know to some people that'll sound dramatic but I think the people on this forum would understand. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because my interview didn't go amazingly well but I can't help it. Its truly torturous.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:40 PM, hiyayosup said:

Well said. Its strange knowing my dreams could come true in 31 days. I know to some people that'll sound dramatic but I think the people on this forum would understand. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because my interview didn't go amazingly well but I can't help it. Its truly torturous.

xx

1 hour ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

I definitely understand <3 

I can also relate to the not getting hopes up thing... I don't think I interviewed well enough to get in and I don't exactly have the strongest track record when it comes to job/volunteer interviews but I can't help but pray something good happened. sigh 

I know its easy to see other premeds as competition but the truth is that we're all going through the same struggle together. I think back on all the years of hard work I've put into this and all the obstacles, failures, rejections I've endured and I just want it all to be worth it -- for this year to be the year. But I try to remind myself that everyone else has put in the same work and gone through similar hardships. Hopefully, we all get good news on May 14th. 

9 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

I know its easy to see other premeds as competition but the truth is that we're all going through the same struggle together. I think back on all the years of hard work I've put into this and all the obstacles, failures, rejections I've endured and I just want it all to be worth it -- for this year to be the year. But I try to remind myself that everyone else has put in the same work and gone through similar hardships. Hopefully, we all get good news on May 14th. 

How do you know it is May 14th?!

9 hours ago, ysera said:

If anything I'm planning on sleeping in that day so decisions are out when I wake up 

I made it a point to ensure that I was so tired and somewhat drunk that I would sleep past 9am PST the next morning LOL. I woke up earlier than expected and saw I was waitlisted, so the torture went on for another month instead.