Premed 101 Forums

May 14 Countdown

7 minutes ago, PotatoPotato said:

Toronto... I hope everyone hears good news, I'm rooting for you all :) you've all done amazing to get this far!

(is checking results at work ever a good idea?)

So am I <3

I wouldn't recommend it but that's because I can be an emotional person, especially when it comes to things like this. 

12 minutes ago, PotatoPotato said:

Toronto... I hope everyone hears good news, I'm rooting for you all :) you've all done amazing to get this far!

I checked before work last year (waitlisted) and it was a big mistake! I took the day off this year, just to be safe haha

2 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

So am I <3

I wouldn't recommend it but that's because I can be an emotional person, especially when it comes to things like this. 

2 hours ago, Maggie19 said:

I checked before work last year (waitlisted) and it was a big mistake! I took the day off this year, just to be safe haha

Yikes this is true!!! I'll wait till after work thank you!

6 hours ago, PotatoPotato said:

I also have a busy day on the 14th and am planing on checking the email in the evening.. hopefully I can control myself and stick to this plan .. I don't want to be an emotional mess at work haha

1 hour ago, hiyayosup said:

haha I'm taking the day off regardless. People are not going to want to be around me if the news is unfavorable...

Same! Even though I work from home .... haha However we do have a skype meeting that day and I would be useless lol

I know I won't be able to concentrate whether I receive good or bad news, so might as well take the day off :)