Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

On 4/13/2019 at 12:21 AM, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

 Things could be so different, or more of the same :( 

I'm having a hard time focusing on work... I keep thinking of all the the things I'd do if I got in like quit my job and travel a bit instead oh man. This is a rough month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

 Things could be so different, or more of the same :( 

Well said. Its strange knowing my dreams could come true in 31 days. I know to some people that'll sound dramatic but I think the people on this forum would understand. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because my interview didn't go amazingly well but I can't help it. Its truly torturous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hiyayosup said:

Well said. Its strange knowing my dreams could come true in 31 days. I know to some people that'll sound dramatic but I think the people on this forum would understand. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because my interview didn't go amazingly well but I can't help it. Its truly torturous.

I definitely understand <3 

I can also relate to the not getting hopes up thing... I don't think I interviewed well enough to get in and I don't exactly have the strongest track record when it comes to job/volunteer interviews but I can't help but pray something good happened. sigh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

I definitely understand <3 

I can also relate to the not getting hopes up thing... I don't think I interviewed well enough to get in and I don't exactly have the strongest track record when it comes to job/volunteer interviews but I can't help but pray something good happened. sigh 

I know its easy to see other premeds as competition but the truth is that we're all going through the same struggle together. I think back on all the years of hard work I've put into this and all the obstacles, failures, rejections I've endured and I just want it all to be worth it -- for this year to be the year. But I try to remind myself that everyone else has put in the same work and gone through similar hardships. Hopefully, we all get good news on May 14th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

I know its easy to see other premeds as competition but the truth is that we're all going through the same struggle together. I think back on all the years of hard work I've put into this and all the obstacles, failures, rejections I've endured and I just want it all to be worth it -- for this year to be the year. But I try to remind myself that everyone else has put in the same work and gone through similar hardships. Hopefully, we all get good news on May 14th. 

How do you know it is May 14th?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ysera said:

If anything I'm planning on sleeping in that day so decisions are out when I wake up 

I made it a point to ensure that I was so tired and somewhat drunk that I would sleep past 9am PST the next morning LOL. I woke up earlier than expected and saw I was waitlisted, so the torture went on for another month instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, premed_67 said:

I know this varies a lot but do offers usually come out early in the morning? 

Depends on the school - you can go to their specific forum and see when they've released them the last few years! i.e. Queen's = usually early morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×