Premed 101 Forums

UBC MPT Waitlist 2019

17 minutes ago, PT123456 said:

Hey! I got waitlisted as well.. this is all the stats I have found on how many people they accept. If you don’t make it off then you won’t get contacted I believe! Hope this helps a bit :)

61661F1F-A094-403F-BE86-4A7630DDAF9B.jpeg

When did you hear back? I’m worried because i’m also waiting for my applications in ontario and they let you know on May 17, and if I get in to let’s say toronto i only have a couple weeks to accept my offer at toronto. If I accept an ontario offer but still waiting for UBC, can i cancel my ontario offer if I manage to get off the ubc waitlist?

Edit: Nvm, for some reason i read that as you got waitlisted last year but are in now. Delusional thinking as you can see at the moment.

That I do not know but I can tell you that I am in the same boat! I will be attending the u of t CAP now since I didn’t get into UBC and then honestly taking it day by day! I’m sure you can cancel your Ontario school offer but that might forbid you from applying again? Which wouldn’t matter really if you got into ubc! 

So stressful! 

2 hours ago, PT123456 said:

That I do not know but I can tell you that I am in the same boat! I will be attending the u of t CAP now since I didn’t get into UBC and then honestly taking it day by day! I’m sure you can cancel your Ontario school offer but that might forbid you from applying again? Which wouldn’t matter really if you got into ubc! 

So stressful! 

Yeah it really is stressful :( I'm rooting for the best for you too, even if I don't know you, because I wouldn't want anyone to feel the way i'm feeling right now :( I hope we get off the waitlist in May/June. This was my dream, and at least we know we still have a chance. Trying to be hopeful now!

2 hours ago, Probablypt said:

Yeah it really is stressful :( I'm rooting for the best for you too, even if I don't know you, because I wouldn't want anyone to feel the way i'm feeling right now :( I hope we get off the waitlist in May/June. This was my dream, and at least we know we still have a chance. Trying to be hopeful now!

Yes we still have a chance! Just think positive that’s all we can do :) I wish you the best of luck and hope you get in at least somewhere! We’ll keep each other posted!! 

19 hours ago, Probablypt said:

When did you hear back? I’m worried because i’m also waiting for my applications in ontario and they let you know on May 17, and if I get in to let’s say toronto i only have a couple weeks to accept my offer at toronto. If I accept an ontario offer but still waiting for UBC, can i cancel my ontario offer if I manage to get off the ubc waitlist?

Edit: Nvm, for some reason i read that as you got waitlisted last year but are in now. Delusional thinking as you can see at the moment.

Just a heads up, people can end up hearing back that they've been taken off of the waitlist and offered a spot at UBC essentially up to a couple of days before the orientation week in August. Also, my partner heard back in late August as well, so if you get an offer from other schools, I'd suggest submitting the deposit and then leaving it if you end up getting into UBC. Best of luck to you! I hope you get a spot in the program :) 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, Probablypt said:

BCPT2021 hit it!

The best thing to do if you get an offer from another school is to accept the offer and pay the deposit. You can get an offer from UBC any day up until the first day of orientation which is in late August. If you get an offer from UBC and accept, then you will just have to forfeit the deposit you had given to the other school.

In previous years, usually more than half of the applicants on the waitlist get an offer. However, last year I heard very few people made it off the waitlist (I think 6 or 7) for some reason. It changes year to year, but usually more than half.

Best of luck!

On 4/14/2019 at 12:46 AM, PThopeful23 said:

BCPT2021 hit it!

The best thing to do if you get an offer from another school is to accept the offer and pay the deposit. You can get an offer from UBC any day up until the first day of orientation which is in late August. If you get an offer from UBC and accept, then you will just have to forfeit the deposit you had given to the other school.

In previous years, usually more than half of the applicants on the waitlist get an offer. However, last year I heard very few people made it off the waitlist (I think 6 or 7) for some reason. It changes year to year, but usually more than half.

Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 2:03 PM, Probablypt said:

Got waitlisted at UBC MPT with 92% average and am super scared and feeling uncertain. How many people usually get off the waitlist? They don't even tell you your spot on the waitlist. When do waitlisted applicants usually hear back? If you never make it off do you just never get contacted ever again?

Hey, i hope you get off the waitlist and into the program! i had a question for you as ill be applying to ubc next cycle for PT. a 92% average, is that straight A+'s at UBC? thanks