Premed 101 Forums

Canadian masters programs

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if you accept a masters program (the deadline to accept for one of the ones i applied to is in a week), will medical schools or other master programs be aware that I accepted it, withdrawing me from their pool? I'm not sure what to do... 

I've applied to medical school and a few master programs only in Ontario. 

Thanks! 

23 minutes ago, rganglion said:

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if you accept a masters program (the deadline to accept for one of the ones i applied to is in a week), will medical schools or other master programs be aware that I accepted it, withdrawing me from their pool? I'm not sure what to do... 

Thanks! 

Don't worry! They understand you need to plan for possibly not getting in - life goes on :) They likely won't even know you accepted it and will definitely not care. 

33 minutes ago, rganglion said:

Thanks! 

No they won't be able to see that. If it was at the same institutation there may be a VERY small possiblity (but even then they wouldn't care) they can see you applied but otherwise, no chance. People apply to dentistry and medicine and accept the former since it comes out earlier, and are still in the running for MD even at the same institutions.

3 hours ago, wishcalculator said:

No they won't be able to see that. If it was at the same institutation there may be a VERY small possiblity (but even then they wouldn't care) they can see you applied but otherwise, no chance. People apply to dentistry and medicine and accept the former since it comes out earlier, and are still in the running for MD even at the same institutions.

Yes, even within the same institution they don’t care, in my experience.

For master’s programs, I was accepted into two different master’s programs at the same univeristy (and several master’s programs at other universities). I’m currently doing a PhD, and I was accepted to two different PhD programs at my current university (as well as to PhD programs at other universities). None of the programs cared that I had received acceptance to other programs, even within the same university.