Premed 101 Forums

Are they done?/Chances

Do you guys think the adcom has made their decisions? I suspect it might be a matter of them double checking those they want to accept meet the 90 credit threshold (April 30th)?

also what are the chances for a person like me. 89% agpa. 516 mcat (125 cars). Good references and felt decent about interview? Extra curricular are probably about interview average for naq. 

Reason I ask is I saw some person say with an above average interview and 510 mcat and like a 70+ tfr they got rejected. Makes me question myself. 

Thanks! 

9 hours ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Do you guys think the adcom has made their decisions? I suspect it might be a matter of them double checking those they want to accept meet the 90 credit threshold (April 30th)?

also what are the chances for a person like me. 89% agpa. 516 mcat (125 cars). Good references and felt decent about interview? Extra curricular are probably about interview average for naq. 

Reason I ask is I saw some person say with an above average interview and 510 mcat and like a 70+ tfr they got rejected. Makes me question myself. 

Thanks! 

I think they’re still going through applications and profiles.  The 90-credit verification will come in when it needs to, and they’ll continue their process.  I don’t think they need that much time to double check everything (probably max a week?). Assuming that, they’ll probably have this week and the next to still do application/profile reviews.

There are many factors involved in their decisions, and each year I bet it changes to some extent as well.  So, it’s very difficult to predict their decisions.  I know the mind likes to wonder about the how and why and what if, but try your best to stay neutral; don’t be too harsh on yourself and don’t be too hyped.  See what happens — after all, we are very close to finding out.

I’ve heard about a few very qualified individuals as well who weren’t even waitlisted, but it is us who think they are qualified.  We don’t know what admissions thinks and we don’t know their system.  Our interpretations, thus, will always be incomplete.  Perhaps the person you know didn’t demonstrate the level of maturity admissions was looking for.  Or, perhaps they weren’t as well-rounded as other applicants.  Or, perhaps their reference letters weren’t as convincing.  Or, or, or... There are multiple variables, which we’ll never know for sure.

It seems like overall you feel good, and that’s important.  Stick with that and a few grains of hope, and see what happens.  Best of luck!

Archived