Premed 101 Forums

Should I Retake the DAT? AA 21 but 19 PAT

This is the second time I took the DAT as I did a practice one early on in my undergrad. I am planning to apply to US schools this summer and Canadian schools this Fall. 

Please give me your honest opinions! I did well in some sections but not the best in others. Here are my scores:

Reading 24

Bio 21 

Chem 18

Science Total 19

AA 21

PAT 19

MDT 15

Overall my CGPA is 3.8

it would be higher for schools that drop your worst year. Uoft/UBC: 3.89, Western 3.92, Mcgill 3.8 

I also have a ton of EC's, leadership experience, and dental volunteering/shadowing. But i'm worried about my PAT score. 

specific schools i'm looking at: McGill, Uoft, Western, Dal, UBC, and I'll also apply to UofS, UofA and UofM

13 minutes ago, DentalNerdZ said:

for uoft my GPA would be 3.89 with my worst year dropped.

hmm I would say it would all depend on your interview score since UofT doesn't look at EC's ...averages for the class of 2022 were 3.93 GPA and 22 AA 21 PAT. Typically if your GPA is on the lower side you would want higher DAT scores but again depends on the school, applicant pool that year etc. 

On the other hand you're pretty much guaranteed to get in somewhere in the states lol but that comes with the heavy price tag

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 3:15 PM, Starburst said:

I think your scores are good but they could be better. For example you probably won't have a chance at UofA because of your DAT scores. Same goes for some of the other schools. So if you think you can do better, I would rewrite.

Okay but it would be my third time writing if I did write again in November. Would that not be looked down upon? Also UofA is not a top choice for me. I'm hoping for UofT, Western, and McGill 

5 hours ago, DentalNerdZ said:

Okay but it would be my third time writing if I did write again in November. Would that not be looked down upon? Also UofA is not a top choice for me. I'm hoping for UofT, Western, and McGill 

I got into UofT with similar DAT scores but my GPA is around ~3.95 so it might be worth retaking or improving your GPA slightly if possible?