Premed 101 Forums

D-DAY 2019 — Discussion Thread

The email has finally arrived :o and it looks like the standard two-week deadline still holds.  I just had a question for anyone who knows; in the email they say:

To use Interac Online, you need access to an account with online banking privileges at TD Canada Trust or RBC Royal Bank.

Does this mean BMO is not one of the options?  I have Interac Online with BMO but just wondering if this will work.  Not that it matters hahaha :')  but juuuust in case.

5 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

The email has finally arrived :o and it looks like the standard two-week deadline still holds.  I just had a question for anyone who knows; in the email they say:

To use Interac Online, you need access to an account with online banking privileges at TD Canada Trust or RBC Royal Bank.

Does this mean BMO is not one of the options?  I have Interac Online with BMO but just wondering if this will work.  Not that it matters hahaha :')  but juuuust in case.

This might help.. it looks like it’s only RBC & TD and a few credit unions... I believe it is different from an “interac e-transfer” - which a lot of other financial institutions do offer. 

https://www.interac.ca/en/interac-online-consumer.html

11 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

This is the part of the email that I got hung up on too- I bank with Scotia, lol. I did a quick scan of everyone I know who uses TD or RBC who I could ask to pay the fee and then e-Transfer them back! I suppose there's also the certified cheque option they mentioned as well. Here's hoping it's a problem we all have :)

They mentioned we “may only have a few days to respond” and then they said the deadline would be in two weeks. So like would we (in the amazing scenario where we get offers of admission) have to respond within a few days and then again to pay the tuition by the two week deadline? Sorry i might just be trippen but im confused Lol

5 minutes ago, iraq114 said:

They mentioned we “may only have a few days to respond” and then they said the deadline would be in two weeks. So like would we (in the amazing scenario where we get offers of admission) have to respond within a few days and then again to pay the tuition by the two week deadline? Sorry i might just be trippen but im confused Lol

I think they are referring to subsequent offer rounds. They say these rounds will be shorter than the initial round so it may be tight for people to coordinate financial information without the heads up. (i.e. if you are waitlisted, make sure you have a plan to get your deposit in order quickly).  

It reads to me that the only money being paid is the $1000 deposit (which is put against your tuition), and this amount must be paid by your listed offer response deadline. For the first round, that is May 24 and for subsequent rounds that will be a tighter turnaround. 

OMG cannot believe it will be a week tmrw when we will find out! I would love to attend UBC this coming year. As an OOP, I hope with a 509 MCAT, I still hold a solid chance! My GPA is 91.1%, Interview though went well, my NAQ was solid (with good ECs), good trend in grades and I think my references were good too. Hope they don't look down on the mcat :(

12 minutes ago, onesieluv said:

Historically, around what time of day are the offers and rejections sent? I want to make sure I won't be at work when I receive my email... 

PST it seems rejections come out first around 8-9 am, waitlists are 10-11 am, and acceptances are around 1200. Gonna be a long day in Ontario for me. 

10 hours ago, ohimark said:

A while ago I compiled this list after sifting through the pinned thread for UBC.. (No guarantee on accuracy, obs citizen science ain't perfect)

image.png.dbe5eb85865e56b8850f463798b19895.png

Sorry am I reading this right - offers and rejections the same time last year?