Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Waitlist Movements 2019

Hello all! 

In preparation for the extreme anxiety, I thought it would be nice to have a separate thread for any waitlist movement. Times like these I am insanely jealous of other programs (SLP, dentistry etc) that already have an answer, May 17th can't come any faster! With that being said, if you are omitting your spot in a program or waitlist, or you received an email that you were accepted from a waitlist, please post it here. We would love to know if any waitlist has some movement. UBC, UoA and Dal, please start the convo if you have any info and we will soon follow with the Ontario schools. All the best!

Hey everyone,

I’m on the waitlist for U of A and Dal OT.

I just called the U of A OT admissions office. They gave me the following information:

They have not gone down the waitlist at all yet but so far will only be going down 3 spots (I’m sure tons more movement will occur once Ontario schools are out)

They also told me previously through email that I’m in the top half of the waitlist but this time upon my request they informed me that I am in the second quarter so 25-50 range. 

Good luck to everyone continuing to wait and don’t worry if you haven’t heard anything yet. 

35 minutes ago, OTapplicant19 said:

@OThopefully that's interesting that they told you about being in the second quarter! I might have to try and call and see if they'll give me that information. When I emailed before they only said if I was in the top or lower half. 

Definitely call, I don’t like being pushy but all my friends in the program told me they’ll give you more info if you ask nicely and so I said I knew I was in the upper half from the email but if it was possible to know if I was in the top or second quarter and they told me. 

11 minutes ago, OThopefully said:

Omg congrats!! Would you mind sharing or privately messaging me your stats? 

Thank you!! My cumulative GPA is 3.6/4.0 and my sub GPA is 4.0/4.0 or 4.1/4.3. My physiology grades were C+ (bombed that one lol), A, and A+ and my anatomy grade was B+. I’m applying from NL! 

8 minutes ago, Kin2019 said:

Thank you!! My cumulative GPA is 3.6/4.0 and my sub GPA is 4.0/4.0 or 4.1/4.3. My physiology grades were C+ (bombed that one lol), A, and A+ and my anatomy grade was B+. I’m applying from NL! 

Thank you!! Did they call or e-mail you?

1 minute ago, SB-PT said:

Dilemma..... I'm #27 on the waitlist for Mac, but I've also been accepted to a school in the UK (Oxford Brookes). They want my answer by May 31st... No idea what to do!!!!!

Congrats that’s exciting! I would accept it if I were you. Some universities require you to pay a deposit fee but you can still change your mind later. If you accept the UK offer you’ll be in a program 100% and if there is movement McMasters will contact you and then you likely can decline UK but may not get deposit back. I would check I’m with Oxford on their policies. It’s hard to say if the waitlist will reach #27 as that is a top school but anything could happen! 

2 hours ago, UWO PT top third waitliste said:

Anyone know how far Western got though their PT wait-list either last year or the year before???

Also anyone know if Western PT over accepts, and if so by how much??

Unfortunately, I was on the upper third last year for Western (PT) and I didn’t get in. And since I didn’t get in while being so high up on the wait list, I would assume that they do over accept.

Despite improving my application every which way, I’m now in the lower third of the wait list lol. So it could be worse.

4 hours ago, NewAtThis said:

Unfortunately, I was on the upper third last year for Western (PT) and I didn’t get in. And since I didn’t get in while being so high up on the wait list, I would assume that they do over accept.

Despite improving my application every which way, I’m now in the lower third of the wait list lol. So it could be worse.

Mind me asking what your Sub GPA was last year?