Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
nextOT

OT/PT Waitlist Movements 2019

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, mgn04 said:

Congrats that’s exciting! I would accept it if I were you. Some universities require you to pay a deposit fee but you can still change your mind later. If you accept the UK offer you’ll be in a program 100% and if there is movement McMasters will contact you and then you likely can decline UK but may not get deposit back. I would check I’m with Oxford on their policies. It’s hard to say if the waitlist will reach #27 as that is a top school but anything could happen! 

If you can provisionally accept oxford, then that means a potential offer from mac is still open. You have nothing to worry about if you still want macs consideration besides that possible deposit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GenericPTUsername2019 said:

Hello,

I’m currently waitlisted in the mid 20s for Queens University PT. Any idea what my chances are for getting a spot?

Appreciate any feedback!

Hey! I'm waitlisted for Queens OT.  I'm just wondering how you found out what spot you are on the waitlist.  In the email they sent for OT, they basically said that they are unable to provide any information about our ranking and that we will be contacted if a spot opens up.  Just wondering if OT and PT are different regarding knowing where you are on the waitlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Syd20 said:

Hey! I'm waitlisted for Queens OT.  I'm just wondering how you found out what spot you are on the waitlist.  In the email they sent for OT, they basically said that they are unable to provide any information about our ranking and that we will be contacted if a spot opens up.  Just wondering if OT and PT are different regarding knowing where you are on the waitlist.

It seems as though PT and OT at queens differ with their waitlist procedures in that case. I was specifically told my position in the waitlist on the email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GenericPTUsername2019 said:

It seems as though PT and OT at queens differ with their waitlist procedures in that case. I was specifically told my position in the waitlist on the email. 

Well, looks like it's just a blind waiting game for OT then. 

Good luck to you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GenericPTUsername2019 said:

It seems as though PT and OT at queens differ with their waitlist procedures in that case. I was specifically told my position in the waitlist on the email. 

 

2 hours ago, Syd20 said:

Well, looks like it's just a blind waiting game for OT then. 

Good luck to you!!

I wonder why some schools do that. For UBC it's the other way around. OT tells you your waitlist position, while PT doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm #25 on the McMaster wait list this year. Been my dream to get into PT, and I saw a few people last year say they got in on waitlist spot #26. Does anybody have any idea of how much it'll move? How many spots are on the waitlist? Feeling pretty nervous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, NewAtThis said:

Unfortunately, I was on the upper third last year for Western (PT) and I didn’t get in. And since I didn’t get in while being so high up on the wait list, I would assume that they do over accept.

Despite improving my application every which way, I’m now in the lower third of the wait list lol. So it could be worse.

Feel you on this one tooooo much man. CASPer did me in i'm pretty sure as with my 3.85 gpa i didn't even get a UofT CAP invite :/  All hopes rest in the UK now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hopeful95PT1996 said:

I'm #25 on the McMaster wait list this year. Been my dream to get into PT, and I saw a few people last year say they got in on waitlist spot #26. Does anybody have any idea of how much it'll move? How many spots are on the waitlist? Feeling pretty nervous. 

I second this! Also on the McMaster wait list and, although knowing that all I can do is patiently wait and see, I am definitely curious about the average amount of movement! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, UWO PT top third waitliste said:

Anyone know how far Western got though their PT wait-list either last year or the year before???

Also anyone know if Western PT over accepts, and if so by how much??

I was on the upper third waitlist last year and didn't get off it, but that was last year and every year is different. Wishing you the best of luck !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GenericPTUsername2019 said:

Hello,

I’m currently waitlisted in the mid 20s for Queens University PT. Any idea what my chances are for getting a spot?

Appreciate any feedback!

I could be wrong but I believe the waitlist went 20 spots last year and 28ish the year before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RehabJunkie said:

I could be wrong but I believe the waitlist went 20 spots last year and 28ish the year before!

Not sure if you would know this or anyone reading this but how exactly is waitlist movement defined... is it purely based on how many accepted students at a particular school accept an offer from another school, or does it also factor in the movement on the waitlist caused by those students waitlisted at a particular school accepting an offer for another school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 8:03 PM, GenericPTUsername2019 said:

Not sure if you would know this or anyone reading this but how exactly is waitlist movement defined... is it purely based on how many accepted students at a particular school accept an offer from another school, or does it also factor in the movement on the waitlist caused by those students waitlisted at a particular school accepting an offer for another school. 

It takes both into account! Basically if I'm waitlisted at position #1 and someone who was accepted declines their offer, I get a call offering a position (and I think you only have like 24-48 hours to accept, I could be wrong), but say I was accepted to a different school and accept that offer instead, the waitlist will keep on moving! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 12:00 AM, PThopeful18 said:

Feel you on this one tooooo much man. CASPer did me in i'm pretty sure as with my 3.85 gpa i didn't even get a UofT CAP invite :/  All hopes rest in the UK now!

Man, that sucks. I did well on the CASPer, which was something that I was feeling very nervous for but it was all moot anyway, which honestly makes me feel even worse lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi :)

Can someone please explain how the "provisional offer" works? 

I am accepted for OT at UofT but on the waitlist for McMaster OT (#5 on the waitlist). I am really hoping to get off the waitlist and get an offer from McMaster. I really want to go to McMaster but in the meantime, should I provisionally accept UofT OT and pay the deposit???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 12:16 AM, aspiring_OT said:

Does anyone know how much UBC usually moves? I'm #14. Also I will be rejecting U of A and McMaster (and possibly U of T if I don't get off UBC waitlist) so there will be a spot opening soon!

Typically 10-15 people off the waitlist get an offer for UBC each year. However last year there were only 6 or 7 that received an offer for some reason. I hope this gives you a better idea!

 

Best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PThopeful23 said:

Typically 10-15 people off the waitlist get an offer for UBC each year. However last year there were only 6 or 7 that received an offer for some reason. I hope this gives you a better idea!

 

Best of luck!

This is for UBC PT right? Do you have a rough idea of when it usually starts moving? I only know of one person on this forum that got off the waitlist but that was at the end of April which was earlier than usual. The people I know in real life who are on the UBC PT waitlist have not gotten off yet. I'm also on the waitlist and I'm stuck in this limbo where I have to start preparing myself to move to Toronto for PT school but not quite sure yet just in case I get off the UBC PT waitlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ptptplease said:

This is for UBC PT right? Do you have a rough idea of when it usually starts moving? I only know of one person on this forum that got off the waitlist but that was at the end of April which was earlier than usual. The people I know in real life who are on the UBC PT waitlist have not gotten off yet. I'm also on the waitlist and I'm stuck in this limbo where I have to start preparing myself to move to Toronto for PT school but not quite sure yet just in case I get off the UBC PT waitlist.

In the same boat. Still waiting for UBC waitlist movement while I'm accepting UofT PT for now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...