Premed 101 Forums

What will help me get my top choices in radiology?

I know that radiology has really been dropping in competitiveness lately... What I want to know though, is how I can be the best looking applicant for my top choice schools? What are they looking for?

How much does research matter? Haven't dipped my feet in research yet but I will. Do pubs matter in radiology?

Currently M2 and have really taken an interest in radiology lately. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 9:48 AM, Bandicoot said:

I know that radiology has really been dropping in competitiveness lately... What I want to know though, is how I can be the best looking applicant for my top choice schools? What are they looking for?

How much does research matter? Haven't dipped my feet in research yet but I will. Do pubs matter in radiology?

Currently M2 and have really taken an interest in radiology lately. Thanks!

Pubs probably do matter in radiology. Doing electives where you want to match is the must do thing, but often you need a cherry on top and that can come in the form of research or other meaningful ECs. Also, know your target, if your top choice is a research heavy school, they may value research more. I've heard from a few toronto rads staff that research is valued.

Also for rads, look up the residents and see if they have publications. You may be surprised.