Premed 101 Forums

18 hours ago, OTAPPLICANT026 said:

Just wondering if anyone is heading to GCU for OT/PT? Thought it would be a good idea to have a place to ask questions and discuss the process of moving from Canada to the UK!

Hey! I've been accepted to GCU for OT. I'll be going to GCU if I don't get in anywhere on May 17th. Were you given an unconditional offer? I was given a conditional offer, so I have to complete the Negotiated Learning Module. 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, OTdokie said:

Hey! I've been accepted to GCU for OT. I'll be going to GCU if I don't get in anywhere on May 17th. Were you given an unconditional offer? I was given a conditional offer, so I have to complete the Negotiated Learning Module. 

I will be going if not accepted in May as well! I have a conditional offer too but I don't have to complete the learning module! They are just waiting on my grades from winter semester!

Hello, I was accepted to the Physiotherapy MSC program starting in January 2020 and just sent my confirmation to attend yesterday. Are there any other Canadians that will be going next year? I am from the Toronto area and not sure if I want to live in residence or get an apartment. 

21 hours ago, PTPT2020 said:

Hello, I was accepted to the Physiotherapy MSC program starting in January 2020 and just sent my confirmation to attend yesterday. Are there any other Canadians that will be going next year? I am from the Toronto area and not sure if I want to live in residence or get an apartment. 

I'm going next year as well! I've been looking into the student housing, but most won't know about availability for January until after the semester starts in September 

20 hours ago, PTPT2020 said:

I applied at the beginning of March and had an interview roughly 4 weeks later. I received an unconditional offer two weeks ago. Is GCU your #1 choice abroad?

If you dont mind me asking, what was your GPA?

Since there are no application fees abroad, I decided to apply pretty broadly in the UK: Birmingham, Robert Gordon, Glasgow Caledonian, Brighton, East Anglia, Brunel, and Southampton U...all for MSc

Hopefully though i get into Western or Queen's 

On 4/29/2019 at 6:59 PM, PTPT2020 said:

I have a 3.6 GPA and decided on GCU because a lot of Canadians are accepted into the Physiotherapy MSC program. Plus the reviews from recent graduates are very positive. I am also looking forward to living in Glasgow for a couple of years.

Ahh good to know, if I do get an invite, would it be cool if ask you about how the interview went?

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Interview was roughly 30-40 minutes and fairly laid back. Asked the standard questions,  why do you want to be a Physiotherapist. Volunteer/work experience. Why do you want to attend GCU etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 10:56 AM, PThopeful18 said:

2 weeks as of today from my interview, I haven't heard back yet but on the portal, it says confirmed now instead of Applied. Would i be looking too much into that to be drawing a conclusion? 

Firstly, thank you to OP for creating this thread! I recieved an unconditional offer to GCU for Jan 2020 and am excited to hear from and meet other Canadian students potentially considering the program.

@PThopeful18 I'm not sure if this is any help as I don't recall having access to a portal to see the status of my application, but I heard the results of my interview via email exactly 1 week afterwards! The lady I interviewed with had also told me that if I didn't hear back approximately one week after, that I could contact the admissions office to find out the status of my application. I interviewed back in March though so i'm not sure if the admissions office is swamped during this time and just operating a bit slower. Fingers crossed for you!

• 10 months later...