Premed 101 Forums

1st year oop but born ip

umkahlo

Hi Im wondering how McGill would process me and my grades. I was born in Quebec and lived there for a while and then moved to Ontario. My average after 1st year uni is a 87. When i apply to McGill is it with the McGill scale or ontarios? Also when applying to the medical school, will they only calculate the prereq courses or all my courses over 3 years? Can i redo prereq courses over summer?

3 hours ago, tere said:

a.You're IP for life in QC :).  You may also get a weak IP advantage in ON at Mac & Ottawa.

b. McGill will use McGill's scale - not OMSAS.  

c. look into school-specific policies.  McGill uses all courses for interview, but for admission uses only pre-req avg.

d. check with Mcgill or the ambassadors.

so an 87 would be a 3.9 GPA with OMSAS scale but with McGills scale it would be 4.0. That seems too good to be true.

11 minutes ago, umkahlo said:

so an 87 would be a 3.9 GPA with OMSAS scale but with McGills scale it would be 4.0. That seems too good to be true.

You have to convert each grade individually before getting your GPA, but yeah that's how it works at McGill, since they don't have A+.  It can also help McGill students applying to ON where A gives 4.0 on OMSAS.