Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
someoneelse

Any residents applying for transfer this year?

Hey, I’m a resident in Ontario. Posting on behalf of my partner who is also a resident and applying for transfer within province and externally but hasn’t heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat or with any news? Would appreciate any PMs or replies. The process is exceptionally unclear with rumors of some people already having confirmed transfers? While others havent heard? 

I'm not applying for transfer but I do know of someone who successfully transferred programs (but same specialty) within Ontario. I think they heard back a couple weeks ago. 

On 5/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, someoneelse said:

Hey, I’m a resident in Ontario. Posting on behalf of my partner who is also a resident and applying for transfer within province and externally but hasn’t heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat or with any news? Would appreciate any PMs or replies. The process is exceptionally unclear with rumors of some people already having confirmed transfers? While others havent heard? 

I know someone who transferred programs within UofT. I would ask your partner to double check with PGME transfer coordinator, they might know more. Best of luck :) 

4 hours ago, LittleDaisy said:

I know someone who transferred programs within UofT. I would ask your partner to double check with PGME transfer coordinator, they might know more. Best of luck :) 

The PGME at my school is notoriously bad with answering emails, just FYI. 

6 hours ago, luggage said:

I'm not applying for transfer but I do know of someone who successfully transferred programs (but same specialty) within Ontario. I think they heard back a couple weeks ago. 

That's curious...wonder about the politics behind something like that.

19 hours ago, polarbear89 said:

The PGME at my school is notoriously bad with answering emails, just FYI. 

Call them. The PGME usually receives massive amount of emails, or show up in person.

Unfortunately, in 2019, calling someone by phone or talk to them in person is still better than emailing, which is difficult for busy residency schedule. 

11 hours ago, LittleDaisy said:

Call them. The PGME usually receives massive amount of emails, or show up in person.

Unfortunately, in 2019, calling someone by phone or talk to them in person is still better than emailing, which is difficult for busy residency schedule. 

For sure. I have tried that too. It is very hard to reach anyone in the office but definitely worth a try.

I'm looking to transfer specialties at the same site or to an unfilled position in another province. Unfortunately it appears that funding arrangements have undergone extreme changes in my location at least :(

Applications open Jan 1st IIRC for 2019/2020 resident transfers