Premed 101 Forums

OSAP Clarification

Counting down the days until offers come out >.< Was thinking about financing if I'm fortunate enough to get an offer somewhere, and was wondering about how OSAP loans from undergrad carried forward. Probably a dumb question and I'm just overthinking it - would I retain interest free status if I were to get accepted into medical school (would count as full-time studies)? Would it matter if the medical school was OOP or in Ontario? 

Essentially, if I somehow get accepted into a Canadian medical school, do I need to worry about losing interest-free status on the loans I have from OSAP?

Thanks in advance >.<

7 hours ago, homtaffie said:

Counting down the days until offers come out >.< Was thinking about financing if I'm fortunate enough to get an offer somewhere, and was wondering about how OSAP loans from undergrad carried forward. Probably a dumb question and I'm just overthinking it - would I retain interest free status if I were to get accepted into medical school (would count as full-time studies)? Would it matter if the medical school was OOP or in Ontario? 

Essentially, if I somehow get accepted into a Canadian medical school, do I need to worry about losing interest-free status on the loans I have from OSAP?

Thanks in advance >.<

It will remain interest-free status. Just make sure you fill in the continuation of interest-free status form and submit it to OSAP.