Premed 101 Forums

I know this is probably cliche but I would consider only doing the nursing program if it is something you are passionate about. It is a very challenging program so if it is not something that you are excited to do it could be very draining and unhealthy to be in this program and this could affect your grades. GPA is probably the most difficult thing to change about one's application. What are your reasons for entering the nursing program? 

I would also be careful about counting yourself out about getting an interview and not having a strong application. You truly never know how admissions committees view your application - I have received interviews in my first year of applying and then gotten rejections from those same schools for a couple years afterwards after bulking up my application (and vice versa).

Keep in mind that on average it takes about 3 attempts for an applicant to get into medical school. There's nothing wrong with finishing off your bachelor's degree and working for a couple years while attempting to get into med school on the side. Would you consider this as an option? Perhaps you could find a job that you are more interested in compared to nursing, live life a little bit and still gain good experience for medical school and applications. 

Best of luck!