Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Loulouloux3

UWO Dentistry- June 30th deadline

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

I had a question for the June 30th transcript deadline for UWO Dentistry. I'm in my 2nd year of my Master's program, and am not sure I can finish by June 30th exactly. Is it possible to apply for an extension? How strict is Western with this June 30th deadline? Could I possibly send them a letter from my supervisor saying that I will finish by a certain date before August?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Email admissions. There's a form you fill out and get signed saying that everything will be done by August 15th. Final transcripts are then due by Nov 30 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BROSCIENTIST said:

They have been pretty strict about it with other people in the past. Try to finish it on time.

It's literally not a problem if it will be done by mid August and you get the form from admissions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose you are done by mid August but all you have to do is present your research at the end of August. How do you think western will take that? Despite handing everything in,  it technically won’t be done by the end of August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jenkins said:

Suppose you are done by mid August but all you have to do is present your research at the end of August. How do you think western will take that? Despite handing everything in,  it technically won’t be done by the end of August. 

Sorry, I meant I will submit everything in July and present by or before mid-August! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Basc72 said:

It's literally not a problem if it will be done by mid August and you get the form from admissions.

 

1 hour ago, BROSCIENTIST said:

They have been pretty strict about it with other people in the past. Try to finish it on time.

Oh I see! I will definitely email admissions just to confirm, thank you guys so much :). Definitely going to try my best to finish ASAP though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenkins said:

Suppose you are done by mid August but all you have to do is present your research at the end of August. How do you think western will take that? Despite handing everything in,  it technically won’t be done by the end of August. 

That’s a question for admissions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jenkins said:

I just called. Aug 15th is a hard deadline 

Did they say Aug 15 is the new deadline for thesis based masters? Because previously when I called (before admissions were out), they were pretty strict about the June 30 deadline for thesis defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doodobro said:

Did they say Aug 15 is the new deadline for thesis based masters? Because previously when I called (before admissions were out), they were pretty strict about the June 30 deadline for thesis defense.

I’m doing a course based masters so I’m not sure if there’s a different deadline for a thesis one. When I called she said I have to be done done everything by aug 15th, this includes any presentation as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought I should update this in case it's useful for someone else.

 

So the deadline is a hard deadline for June 30th for a THESIS based Master's (different from course based, which I believe is August 15th). So I would either have to send in my transcript OR send in this form. The form requires signatures from my supervisor, and graduate department saying that I will have completed all my requirements for my thesis. So I believe I will have to talk to my department and see if they will be ok with me defending a few weeks later than the June 30th deadline (but will still complete before the school year). If the department is ok with that, then admissions will have no problem with it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loulouloux3 said:

Just thought I should update this in case it's useful for someone else.

 

So the deadline is a hard deadline for June 30th for a THESIS based Master's (different from course based, which I believe is August 15th). So I would either have to send in my transcript OR send in this form. The form requires signatures from my supervisor, and graduate department saying that I will have completed all my requirements for my thesis. So I believe I will have to talk to my department and see if they will be ok with me defending a few weeks later than the June 30th deadline (but will still complete before the school year). If the department is ok with that, then admissions will have no problem with it either.

Please update us on what happens next! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Loulouloux3 said:

Just thought I should update this in case it's useful for someone else.

 

So the deadline is a hard deadline for June 30th for a THESIS based Master's (different from course based, which I believe is August 15th). So I would either have to send in my transcript OR send in this form. The form requires signatures from my supervisor, and graduate department saying that I will have completed all my requirements for my thesis. So I believe I will have to talk to my department and see if they will be ok with me defending a few weeks later than the June 30th deadline (but will still complete before the school year). If the department is ok with that, then admissions will have no problem with it either.

Thanks for sharing the information! Basically it is okay to defend later than June 30, but you need your department and supervisor to sign the form and indicate they are okay with a later defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, doodobro said:

Thanks for sharing the information! Basically it is okay to defend later than June 30, but you need your department and supervisor to sign the form and indicate they are okay with a later defense?

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×