Premed 101 Forums

Hey guys,

I'm hoping people can post in this thread when they get offered admission off the waitlist so other people on the waitlist know if there has been any movement! Thanks!!

Does anyone know how many people are usually on the waitlist? In last years reference stats it said 10 albertans were left on the list. That seems like most people would be accepted off the waitlist??

3 hours ago, WeDayDream said:

Keep in mind there are two schools in Alberta. If you are on the waitlist for either UofA or UofC you have a high chance of getting in!

Lol Im on waitlist for both so that gave me a lot of hope. thanks <3 

40 minutes ago, pokemaster said:

For anyone that’s received an offer of admission, what time on the 24th did you have to accept the offer by?

There is no specified time 

23 minutes ago, Omsauce said:

Accepted off waitlist

Timestamp 5:53pm EST

Out of province.

Finally waitlist started to move!

Thanks for posting. When is your deadline to respond?

3 hours ago, Omsauce said:

Accepted off waitlist

Timestamp 5:53pm EST

Out of province.

Finally waitlist started to move!

Did you get a phone call or email? I got 2 phone calls today from the same unknown number that I ignored. Starting to get really paranoid it might be U of C LOL

1 hour ago, qaws222 said:

Did you get a phone call or email? I got 2 phone calls today from the same unknown number that I ignored. Starting to get really paranoid it might be U of C LOL

email

13 minutes ago, qaws222 said:

Does anyone know how the wait list moves? Is it in batches or as spots open up, etc. OOP first then IP? Being stuck in waitlist limbo sucks >:C

I'd guess IP vs OOP status does not matter until they reach the maximum allowed number of OOP spots. 

I thought for sure there would be some sign of movement by now, other than the two OOPs. Wish there was some indication on the blog regarding where we are at. No matter how hard I try, I can't stop incessantly checking my email.

26 minutes ago, eal said:

I thought for sure there would be some sign of movement by now, other than the two OOPs. Wish there was some indication on the blog regarding where we are at. No matter how hard I try, I can't stop incessantly checking my email.

I’m in the same boat as you. It’s definitely hard not to think about it! Try to keep yourself occupied. Based on last year’s posts, my guess is that there may be two more rounds of offers this Wednesday and Friday and then more next week. Of course this is just speculation. The admissions blog has been awfully quiet this year as well, compared to the past :( It might be due to their limited staffing and the change in director that’s happening but still wish we could get some update on the numbers...