Premed 101 Forums

Just received an offer off of the waitlist (June 7th, 2:40 pm) and will be declining for U of A. So there is at least one more offer that will be going out!!

Good luck everybody and to the people that don't get in this year, keep fighting! Took me 3 cycles to get in and I got 5 acceptances this year so please don't give up if this is the dream for you!

1 hour ago, PTturnsMD said:

Just received an offer off of the waitlist (June 7th, 2:40 pm) and will be declining for U of A. So there is at least one more offer that will be going out!!

Good luck everybody and to the people that don't get in this year, keep fighting! Took me 3 cycles to get in and I got 5 acceptances this year so please don't give up if this is the dream for you!

Just curious, does that mean you didn’t receive an email on Wednesday saying that the class was almost full? 

3 minutes ago, Dragonfly_19 said:

Just curious, does that mean you didn’t receive an email on Wednesday saying that the class was almost full? 

I also got an offer this evening, and no I didn't get the class is full email. I was actually confused as to why I didn't have it and thought maybe it went to spam.

My guess would be the next 4-8 people on the waitlist didn't get the "class is full" email. However, I am likely declining this offer so hopefully the waitlist keeps moving and you get accepted:)

4 minutes ago, keolpets said:

I also got an offer this evening, and no I didn't get the class is full email. I was actually confused as to why I didn't have it and thought maybe it went to spam.

My guess would be the next 4-8 people on the waitlist didn't get the "class is full" email. However, I am likely declining this offer so hopefully the waitlist keeps moving and you get accepted:)

Good to know, thanks!

So I never got that email on Wednesday regarding being too low on the waitlist but I have not gotten an offer yet either. I wonder what my chances are. Such a stressful time :/ 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:00 PM, Dragonfly_19 said:

Was this a separate email from the ones sent out for being too low on the waitlist?

I think there was just one email sent out to many waitlisters saying the class is almost full and you are too low on the waitlist to reasonably hope to get into the class.

And then others didn't get that email (including me) meaning that if you didn't you are in the top 10, 15, 30 ,50 or whatever number of people they wanted to keep waiting ;)

24 minutes ago, jp123 said:

I think there was just one email sent out to many waitlisters saying the class is almost full and you are too low on the waitlist to reasonably hope to get into the class.

And then others didn't get that email (including me) meaning that if you didn't you are in the top 10, 15, 30 ,50 or whatever number of people they wanted to keep waiting ;)

Ohhhh ok. This is very good to know. I was freaking out waaay too much about not getting the email then. Thought I was in the top 4 or something hahahaha

29 minutes ago, DEs said:

When do you guys think the next round of offers will go out? Is there a chance for today?

The deadline was June 11 to respond, but they said if we responded earlier it would help out our classmates. I declined this weekend so my offer might be sent out earlier, either today/tomorrow (hopefully)

Also received an offer yesterday. Time stamp of 9:35am. Have accepted but deferred to join LiM so did not take up a spot for people entering in July 2019! Best of luck to the rest of the people on the waitlist!

I received an acceptance off the waitlist this afternoon! :) I am IP and have accepted my offer! The deadline to accept was June 14th. Best of luck to those still on the waitlist, I know how stressful the wait is!