Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2019

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted!!! I wish you all the best :)

I thought I would start this thread for those of us who are in limbo (waitlisted) to keep track of how many of us have been waitlisted and to keep each other updated on whether you have been accepted off the waitlist or decide to accept an offer else where!

This is brutal :( Thanks for making this thread. I feel like UBCs blog didn't help at all... pretty much every answer was we can't tell you. 

I feel more antsy being on waitlist than not knowing before yesterday. It's like you're so close to your dream but it's dependent on others dropping the offer. *sigh*

47 minutes ago, FeAtom said:

Does anyone know if we still have to send in transcripts from this year to them? Or only if we are accepted? I have heard mixed things and I noticed the status for new transcript updates was added to my oas 

I was wondering the same thing! I saw this too, probably best to phone up and ask when the offices open monday?

59 minutes ago, FeAtom said:

Does anyone know if we still have to send in transcripts from this year to them? Or only if we are accepted? I have heard mixed things and I noticed the status for new transcript updates was added to my oas 

You still need to send transcripts if you’re waitlisted - see the official application timeline: https://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/admissions/application-timelines/

I was waitlisted on Friday and it's been taking some time to process - I've been extremely overwhelmed. I thought I did very well on the MMI, had a strong overall MCAT/GPA, and a strong application. I'm still asking myself what went wrong. 

I thankfully have another offer - however my preference was to stay here due to friends, family, and my partner. Unless I receive good news on the 27th, I will be leaving. Bittersweet :unsure:

On 5/12/2019 at 12:25 PM, TheGreatAli said:

I thought I did very well on the MMI, had a strong overall MCAT/GPA, and a strong application. I'm still asking myself what went wrong

Hey, it's not that something went wrong for you to not get the offer right away, but that something went right for you to be waitlisted and not be rejected right away :) It's all relative, I know many others would be grateful to be in your spot. I was also waitlisted back in 2015 and managed to come off it after lots of prayers!

I think the movement on the waitlist is quite good...I would agree and guess that probably half the people on waitlist will get offers but can't say for sure...