Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
Dr.MightySpongebob

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (May 2019)

Recommended Posts

Time Stamp: 7:01 am

Result: Accepted 

WGPA = 4.00

Interview Thoughts - Did not feel great about it afterwards, but had good prep and realized that the interviewers may have just been challenging me which lead to the impression it didn't go as smooth as I had hoped. Biggest advice I could give is to just be yourself and not the person you think they would want you to be.  

Good luck to everyone and congrats to all of those who have received offers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To help ease your nerves, unless your email says "...given your rank on the waitlist, you are unlikely to receive an offer...", which is what I got, you likely are on the good waitlist. As LUUO says, let's be proud regardless of the outcome that we made it this far. Best of luck all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, canadianeh95 said:

To help ease your nerves, unless your email says "...given your rank on the waitlist, you are unlikely to receive an offer...", which is what I got, you likely are on the good waitlist. As LUUO says, let's be proud regardless of the outcome that we made it this far. Best of luck all!

Thanks for posting this. Best of luck to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memelord said:

does anyone knows if the time stamp for those who are waitlisted reflect the position?

Yes it does. I was wait listed last year as well and the "good wait list" emails were sent at 7:45am and 7:46am. Nobody from the 7:46am good-waitlist got in for last year, although the movement last year was a bit less than previous years. I know this because I got my email last year at 7:45:5X seconds. The last person to post on here was 7:45:4X.

Could everyone who got on the wait list (good or bad) post what time their email was sent. The sent time is what matters, not the received time. To check sent, click the show original option button in the settings on your gmail and scroll down a bit.

Mine was sent at 7:19. I want to see if there are two times again for good wait list and bad wait list.

Thanks guys and best of luck to everyone, it is truly a tough process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GLWL said:

Yes it does. I was wait listed last year as well and the "good wait list" emails were sent at 7:45am and 7:46am. Nobody from the 7:46am good-waitlist got in for last year, although the movement last year was a bit less than previous years. I know this because I got my email last year at 7:45:5X seconds. The last person to post on here was 7:45:4X.

Could everyone who got on the wait list (good or bad) post what time their email was sent. The sent time is what matters, not the received time. To check sent, click the show original option button in the settings on your gmail and scroll down a bit.

Thanks guys and best of luck to everyone, it is truly a tough process.

Do you know how to check the exact time from a Hotmail email address?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maggie19 said:

Do you know how to check the exact time from a Hotmail email address?

Open the email, on the right side there should be three dots, click those then click view message source. Then scroll down a bit to see the time the email was sent.

Btw the above info I mentioned is for the english stream, I'm not too sure about the french stream. But if everyone can post their time and stream maybe we can see a pattern like last year, its the most we can do in the meantime lol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bins said:

7:18AM 

 

But dude don't stress that much, I doubt that's how it works.

haha all I did is stress :P

You are right, its definitely not guaranteed. But if you look at last year's waitlist, for the english stream the goodwaitlist was either 7:45 and 7:46, and everyone who posted that they got in was from 7:45, with no one posting from 7:46. I was at the end of 7:45 and didn't get in. It is an accurate speculation :P

So for now I see a 7:17, 7:18, 7:19, 7:22 and a 7:23? That seems odd lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted for English at 7:20.

Theres no indication of “good” or “bad”, only that I am “on a waitlist” which freaks me out because people are posting that they got good/bad waitlist.

Anyone else in this boat? I feel like I’m on some made up “neutral” waitlist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inittowinit said:

Waitlisted for English at 7:20.

Theres no indication of “good” or “bad”, only that I am “on a waitlist” which freaks me out because people are posting that they got good/bad waitlist.

Anyone else in this boat? I feel like I’m on some made up “neutral” waitlist

If it doesn’t say then it is the good waitlist :) The “bad” one says you are unlikely to receive an offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, worddocs2 said:

Anybody have a sense of how much the wait list tends to move? 

I've heard it move quite a bit, something like 60 spots on average... In fact (and I may be wrong), I think the class of 2022 is composed of 70% waitlist (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's definitely a large proportion of the class)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CanadiensFan1234 said:

Does anyone know the actual size of the good vs bad waitlists? I don't want to get my hopes up too much if the good waitlist is really large lol :/

While I'm not sure, apparently it has happened where people on the good waitlist dont get in, and other years people on the bad waitlist get in.

Also, does your email say anything along the lines of "based on your ranking we expect there to be a spot" or does it just say that you are on a waitlist?

And finally, go habs go! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...