• Received offer and will be accepting
    • Received offer and will be declining
    • Waitlisted and plan to accept if offered admission
    • On multiple waitlists and plan to decline if offered admission
    • Waitlisted and removing self from waitlist
    • Regrets
    • Accepted off waitlist!

1 minute ago, Potentiate said:

184 people were given an offer last year. That's ~94 waitlist offers (+ people that removed themselves from the waitlist that were next in line) 

If only we knew how many people got waitlisted. No one has said that they got rejected so far 

1 minute ago, bhaggy said:

Can anyone confirm any rejections from Queen's? Or are applicants mostly waitlisted?

Every year, I hear of people being rejected from Queen's but no one ever posts regrets here so I always wonder. I understand that people are less likely to post a rejection but there are still some entries on other school's forums so it makes me curious 

4 minutes ago, bhaggy said:

So did they initially send out 100 offers and then 84 from waitlist?

Queens has a student breakdown of:

90 traditional, 10 QUarms, (up to) 5 armed forces, (up to) 5 international 

So they accepted 90 of the 500 interviewed. Last year they offered an acceptance to 94 more students. 

Just now, hiyayosup said:

@sykern Do you know/have a guess as to how many people are on the Queen's waitlist vs. how many receive regrets?

I wish I knew but I have no idea. I think the waitlist is exactly what the person above said. The rest get rejected. It’s just less likely to be posted here. 

1 minute ago, sykern said:

I wish I knew but I have no idea. I think the waitlist is exactly what the person above said. The rest get rejected. It’s just less likely to be posted here. 

I think the poster above meant that 94 people on the waitlist received offers. I was hoping you'd have an idea as to how many total people are on the waitlist...lol I'm just grasping at straws right now

1 minute ago, hiyayosup said:

I think the poster above meant that 94 people on the waitlist received offers. I was hoping you'd have an idea as to how many total people are on the waitlist...lol I'm just grasping at straws right now

It’s been guessed at over the years, and many numbers thrown around like 150-300. But no one knows except adcom. It honestly is no use trying to figure it out. Just have faith in yourself, hopefully you’re in the top portion, and continue with your life. Easier said than done but it is possible, gone through it. Life always moves on. Being in the waitlist is already an achievement, give yourself a pat on the back :).

6 minutes ago, hiyayosup said:

Ooooo I see what you’re saying. That I’m not sure. But the wait list as you see moves fast! 

7 minutes ago, hiyayosup said:

Anyone have a bad feeling that this will be the year the waitlist doesn't move much?

Why? The trend has been very similar across the last 4 years. Nothing drastic has happened to change that. Neuroticism  can serve you well to an extent, but don’t let it consume you. Be cool B)