• Received offer and will be accepting
    • Received offer and will be declining
    • Waitlisted and plan to accept if offered admission
    • On multiple waitlists and plan to decline if offered admission
    • Waitlisted and removing self from waitlist
    • Regrets
    • Accepted off waitlist!

2 hours ago, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

Can anyone see anything on OMSAS yet? I only found it in SOLUS and paid my deposit...

Nothing on OMSAS for me either. Paid deposit and responded on SOLUS as well. Maybe OMSAS is slow as its being inundated with all of the other school’s wait list movement. I may email Queen’s today (as we only have until Monday :mellow:)

@APP2019 @clever_smart_boy_like_me I emailed them and this is what they said:

Rebecca has reached out to her counterpart at OMSAS to ensure the offer is visible to those who received an offer Tuesday morning. Please continue to check OMSAS. If I hear more details later today, I will follow up a.s.a.p.

They also said to go ahead and accept the offer on Solus.

1 hour ago, IMislove said:

Y’all need to chill. Things take time in the working world. They know if you accepted SOLUS, they know this is an issue, they’re not going to take everything away when they know this is going on. Just sit back and relax, you have that acceptance, relish in it. No need for this worry.

no u :lol:

I called earlier and she said that something seemed to have been submitted in the wrong format and they’ve corrected it and sent it back to OMSAS so it should be up by tomorrow on OMSAS! If I don’t see it, I’m going to call at the end of the day because we do still need to accept the offer on OMSAS by Monday at 11:59pm

12 minutes ago, APP2019 said:

Mine still hasn't shown up on OMSAS but I'm sure it will be by the end of the day. Does anyone know if there's any way to confirm they've received the tuition deposit? I submitted mine on Wednesday and it hasn't shown up on SOLUS yet and just wondering if that's how we confirm it's been received. 

On SOLUS, your account summary on the home page should say ‘Unapplied Fees’. And if you click on Account Inquiry under My account on the left hand side and go to payments or activity, it should show up there. It can take a few days to process though! You can also call to confirm they have it on their end if you’re worried on Monday 

OMSAS Offer of Admission status still hasn’t changed for me (can’t see anything) and I don’t anticipate it to over the weekend. I’d just recommend we all wait until Monday and refresh OMSAS and if there is still nothing call Queens. We shouldn’t be penalized if it’s their mistake we cannot accept before our Monday night deadline

2 hours ago, gogadgetgirl said:

OMSAS Offer of Admission status still hasn’t changed for me (can’t see anything) and I don’t anticipate it to over the weekend. I’d just recommend we all wait until Monday and refresh OMSAS and if there is still nothing call Queens. We shouldn’t be penalized if it’s their mistake we cannot accept before our Monday night deadline

Same

After snooping around on Facebook, it seems like EVERYONE who was accepted to Queen's is a serious athlete (having competed nationally or internationally). Unfortunately, I don't have anything athletic on my app. Was hoping someone whose been accepted would ease my mind and tell me they got in without having anything athletic on their ABS...?

9 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

After snooping around on Facebook, it seems like EVERYONE who was accepted to Queen's is a serious athlete (having competed nationally or internationally). Unfortunately, I don't have anything athletic on my app. Was hoping someone whose been accepted would ease my mind and tell me they got in without having anything athletic on their ABS...?

0 athletics on my app

1 hour ago, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

alas, also an athlete :/

Haha, I'm glad it worked out for you! Seriously, everyone in that group is a borderline Olympian. Its crazy. 

55 minutes ago, Instagrammar said:

0 athletics on my app

Thank you, that makes me feel a bit better

11 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

Not sure how true that is! Either that or people aren’t putting it in their intros on the Facebook group... I have recreational athletics on my app. Nothing super impressive 

11 minutes ago, gogadgetgirl said:

Not sure how true that is! Either that or people aren’t putting it in their intros on the Facebook group... I have recreational athletics on my app. Nothing super impressive 

I suppose you're right. There's just a very clear theme among people's bios -- everyone seems to be outdoorsy/athletic/into playing or watching sports. My app didn't have the slightest reference to sports/fitness/etc. I know med schools don't care what you do as long as you're passionate about it but the theme is so prevalent in the group that it makes me feel like Queen's is actively selecting for that. Probably just me being paranoid. Just wish this wait would end already, even if its outcome is not in my favour. 

I think the WL is done, we just got an email congratulating us and thanking us for accepting our offers. They mentioned the class size of 100 so I assume that means all spots are taken. They said they’ll begin handing out registration info for medtech website related to the acceptance process being complete or something

14 minutes ago, AvgApplicant said:

I think the WL is done, we just got an email congratulating us and thanking us for accepting our offers. They mentioned the class size of 100 so I assume that means all spots are taken. They said they’ll begin handing out registration info for medtech website related to the acceptance process being complete or something

I know there are some people who accepted Queen's but are hoping  to get an offer  off the wailist from other schools! So I seriously doubt the class is 100% confirmed and there probably will be some movement here and there.