• Received offer and will be accepting
    • Received offer and will be declining
    • Waitlisted and plan to accept if offered admission
    • On multiple waitlists and plan to decline if offered admission
    • Waitlisted and removing self from waitlist
    • Regrets
    • Accepted off waitlist!

21 minutes ago, hiyayosup said:

I wasn't expecting it to either! I'm almost scared its a mistake. But I promise you it did. I've spent the last 20 minutes reading it over and over. I'm so grateful. I can't believe it

Surprising but congrats! That's amazing, I got the sense that you were pretty worried too, I'm glad it worked out for you!

7 minutes ago, bhaggy said:

I am wondering if offers will now come out on more of a rolling basis or if round 3 was released all today at 1202pm EST

It's hard to say, if the deadline was tonight why would they not simply wait until tomorrow to send them all in one go? Presumably there would be people who accept or decline their offers a little before midnight. The process is mistifying. 

1 minute ago, conbrio said:

It's hard to say, if the deadline was tonight why would they not simply wait until tomorrow to send them all in one go? Presumably there would be people who accept or decline their offers a little before midnight. The process is mistifying. 

Maybe there's alot of space left, and they felt comfortable releasing at least a few before the deadline :lol:

Haha, yes, I think my neuroticism was palpable. I'm honestly in shock. I was not expecting any offers to be made today and part of me is scared they'll send me an email telling me it was a mistake. I'm not sure why I received one today but I am beyond grateful. I hope everyone on this forum hears good news soon <3

4 minutes ago, APP2019 said:

CONGRATS I am so happy to see you got accepted and can imagine all the RELIEF you are feeling today. Go celebrate tonight! 

Also an update: I called admissions because I've gotta head into work for the night soon and wanted to double check about the OMSAS thing, and they said they're still working to resolve it so any waitlists offers from last week/any new ones still aren't visible on OMSAS. But she said if you've accepted on SOLUS and paid your deposit no need to worry about not accepting OMSAS by the deadline tonight if it doesn't show up - it won't affect our offer at all and is just a technical issue on their end that will hopefully be resolved soon :) 

Thank you! Thank you so much. I am. I just need to process this. My brain is not sophisticated enough to handle this type of information.

everyone probably answered to their last week's email by Sunday, allowing the 2nd wave of waitlist offers to come out yesterday as opposed to today. 

Now if we knew how long this offer will last for (a week also maybe?) then one could have an idea of when to expect anymore bulk offers, aside from just singular offers here and there before the class if full

8 minutes ago, bigboydyo said:

everyone probably answered to their last week's email by Sunday, allowing the 2nd wave of waitlist offers to come out yesterday as opposed to today. 

Now if we knew how long this offer will last for (a week also maybe?) then one could have an idea of when to expect anymore bulk offers, aside from just singular offers here and there before the class if full

Seemed more like a little splash then a wave to me :D

was there actually more than 1 person who received a waitlist offer yesterday?

@hiyayosup, did you get a deadline for your offer? 

I just want to take a few minutes to thank the many people on this forum who have been available to me over the past few years, months, and (especially) weeks. Without going into too much detail, I wanted to share that I had a difficult experience a few years ago that changed me as a person and set me back several years. When I first decided to pursue this field, very few people in my personal life believed I could do it. It wasn’t until I found this community that I was bombarded by a constant stream of advice, encouragement, comfort, and support. All I can think to say right now is thank you. Thank you to the many people who have reached out to me via PM, on this thread, and on others to calm my fears and worries, share their strength, and give hope. Thank you for teaching me to believe in myself when no one else did. Thank you for disproving the premed stereotype. Just thank you. I promise I will pay it forward.

To current/future applicants: If this is your dream and you are sincere in your intentions and efforts, it WILL happen for you. You are already enough. Continue striving to be the best version of yourself. And during those late night studying sessions and weekend lab hours when you’re asking yourself “Is this worth it?,” I want you to know: Yes it is.

21 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

I just want to take a few minutes to thank the many people on this forum who have been available to me over the past few years, months, and (especially) weeks. Without going into too much detail, I wanted to share that I had a difficult experience a few years ago that changed me as a person and set me back several years. When I first decided to pursue this field, very few people in my personal life believed I could do it. It wasn’t until I found this community that I was bombarded by a constant stream of advice, encouragement, comfort, and support. All I can think to say right now is thank you. Thank you to the many people who have reached out to me via PM, on this thread, and on others to calm my fears and worries, share their strength, and give hope. Thank you for teaching me to believe in myself when no one else did. Thank you for disproving the premed stereotype. Just thank you. I promise I will pay it forward.

To current/future applicants: If this is your dream and you are sincere in your intentions and efforts, it WILL happen for you. You are already enough. Continue striving to be the best version of yourself. And during those late night studying sessions and weekend lab hours when you’re asking yourself “Is this worth it?,” I want you to know: Yes it is.

i couldn't be more proud to welcome you to the qmed family <3