Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

Adding to this whole waitlist time stamp topic. I got my email at 7:53 am and my last name begins with a C. I'm fairly certain that if there is any correlation at all between waitlist times and applicants, its due to last names :) however... I surely wouldn't mind a 7:53 email signifying the top of the waitlist lol 

has anyone heard of someone coming off the waitlist yet? Or are we all waiting on the 2 week mark?

Personally I feel that, to still respect our campus choices, they may wait a bit and send offers out in batches every 2-3 days to ensure that people will be allotted to their 1st or 2nd choice, but this is my own speculation

16 minutes ago, yehehey said:

has anyone heard of someone coming off the waitlist yet? Or are we all waiting on the 2 week mark?

Personally I feel that, to still respect our campus choices, they may wait a bit and send offers out in batches every 2-3 days to ensure that people will be allotted to their 1st or 2nd choice, but this is my own speculation

There could be some movement before the 29th and some people may have possibly gotten off already, but even if that's the case, it's probably not very significant. I doubt there will be any meaningful waitlist activity until the deadline to accept.

14 minutes ago, yehehey said:

Based on the 2017 and 2018 threads, most offers go out after the 2 week mark. For waitlisters, campus preference doesn't matter--they'll just assign you to the next available spot.

50 minutes ago, duckduckgoose18 said:

Based on the 2017 and 2018 threads, most offers go out after the 2 week mark. For waitlisters, campus preference doesn't matter--they'll just assign you to the next available spot.

Right, it's just that at the interview presentations, they quoted a statistic stating that 0% of last years' class were placed in their 3rd choice, and so logically it sounds like they would take into account your campus preferences even if you're from the waitlist, meaning they might wait for batches of 5 (for example) available offers to try to ensure everyone gets into their top 2 preferences. 

Of course, this is just speculation, and campuses very little in the grand scheme of things. It's just a thought that crossed my mind during the seemingly endless wait :P 

1 hour ago, yehehey said:

Right, it's just that at the interview presentations, they quoted a statistic stating that 0% of last years' class were placed in their 3rd choice, and so logically it sounds like they would take into account your campus preferences even if you're from the waitlist, meaning they might wait for batches of 5 (for example) available offers to try to ensure everyone gets into their top 2 preferences. 

Of course, this is just speculation, and campuses very little in the grand scheme of things. It's just a thought that crossed my mind during the seemingly endless wait :P 

I agree that this would make sense, but we do know that in the past there have been a couple offers given out before the 2 week mark, so I'm not sure how they do it.

Also though, I would be happy to get any offer. I'd rather not psych myself up for my top choice because it might just make me disappointed if I get another one.