Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

6 minutes ago, APP2019 said:

Surname is between W-Z and time stamp of waitlist email was 7:55am. Agreed that if anything it is to do with alphabetical order! 

Anyone else find that as soon as they forget about anything med related someone brings it up... this is torture :blink:

The trick is to never forget in the first place. Jk, yeah, it blows :(

1 hour ago, APP2019 said:

Surname is between W-Z and time stamp of waitlist email was 7:55am. Agreed that if anything it is to do with alphabetical order! 

Anyone else find that as soon as they forget about anything med related someone brings it up... this is torture :blink:

I would've never thought that being on the WL can be more annoying than getting straight rejected. Turns out it might very well be.  

59 minutes ago, APP2019 said:

I was a group leader today at an event for high school students who are interested in biomedical science... was continuously asked if I would be going to medical school next year... feels bad man lol

2 hours ago, homtaffie said:

Had trouble making a decision - declined my offer, if you're on the waitlist, you got this!

I may have gotten your offer?! So excited that I stopped lurking and actually made an account (also because I now have some questions/need for advice).

All info about my offer is in the other thread - in summary, Hamilton, 1:50pm today, originally 7:54 with last name in middle of alphabet. GPA 3.96, CARS 130, IP.

I'm also on the good waitlist for Western (super conflicted!) so I will wait until next week to make a decision (I guess it worked out that I was waitlisted for both haha).

4 minutes ago, feathers said:

I may have gotten your offer?! So excited that I stopped lurking and actually made an account (also because I now have some questions/need for advice).

All info about my offer is in the other thread - in summary, Hamilton, 1:50pm today, originally 7:54 with last name in middle of alphabet. GPA 3.96, CARS 130, IP.

I'm also on the good waitlist for Western (super conflicted!) so I will wait until next week to make a decision (I guess it worked out that I was waitlisted for both haha).

omg that would be so funny, congratulations!!

Just now, Pecan said:

I find it so hard staying away from these threads, even though I know it's not going to change anything about the outcome and will only add to the anxiety I'm already feeling. Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm wishing everyone luck!

Keep your head up and stay positive! I was literally refreshing this site every few minutes this week, so you're definitely not alone in that :P Hoping for good news for everyone!

3 hours ago, duckduckgoose18 said:

My heart skips a beat when I get an email notification and it ends up being an ad for sketchy US/Caribbean med/podiatry schools. :(

LMAO every since I wrote the MCAT that's like half of my emails now. 

1 hour ago, duckduckgoose18 said:

It's officially the weekend, time to take a break from constantly refreshing my email. :)

See y'all again on Monday!

I swear having other people in this group to wait with is the only thing keeping me sane. If I get in, its drinks on me after the first week for all us waitlisters :) 

What day do you think the most offers will come out? Do you think they process much of them by Tuesday or would Wednesday be more of a day to be nervous on? 

Are you guys on multiple waitlists? I’m currently waiting on two Ontario schools but not too hopeful for either :/ it’s nice to have people to wait with online though! 

1 hour ago, Snow8765 said:

What day do you think the most offers will come out? Do you think they process much of them by Tuesday or would Wednesday be more of a day to be nervous on? 

Are you guys on multiple waitlists? I’m currently waiting on two Ontario schools but not too hopeful for either :/ it’s nice to have people to wait with online though! 

Probably Wednesday, although mac is probably sending these out on semi-continuous basis, so I wouldn't obsess over one particular day.

I'm on a few--can't say it makes things much easier!

2 hours ago, Snow8765 said:

Wednesday is the big day

46 minutes ago, Snow8765 said:

Anyone get off the waitlist today? Do you think they’re waiting to send out offers til tomorrow or mostly Wednesday? 

The waitlist email says that they'll notify the next person on the waitlist as soon as a spot becomes available. My impression was that emails would roll out on a continuous basis, but maybe it's semi-continuous and they send them out in batches. If that's the case, they're probably going to hold off until tomorrow or Wednesday. 

Just speculation though. I don't know if anyone has gotten off today, but it's possible.