Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Waitlist Party

I get what you mean CoffeeOtter. I made peace a while back as well. But before that it was definitely hard being in limbo like this and constantly checking to see other people getting in. But now it's kind of like getting closure, I guess.

I'm gonna be working and maybe doing some research or volunteering on the side, and writing my applications again. 

Yea I got waitlisted at 3 schools (McMaster/Ottawa/U of t) so the waiting game was terrible for me.. it’s good to have closure but also hurts bc I didn’t make it off the waitlist from any school. 

Going to explore applying to other programs as a backup next year but will apply to med again next cycle (3rd time). Going to find work and research for the upcoming year. 

goodluck to everyone applying next year 

I kind of knew it was coming because of how late it was to hear back, and I'm a little upset but I can't change the past. I'll apply again next year and with another year of experience maybe it will turn out better.

This September I am starting my master's degree so that's what I'll be doing for the next year along with medical school applications unfortunately.

6 hours ago, ontariopremed said:

Yea I got waitlisted at 3 schools (McMaster/Ottawa/U of t) so the waiting game was terrible for me.. it’s good to have closure but also hurts bc I didn’t make it off the waitlist from any school. 

Going to explore applying to other programs as a backup next year but will apply to med again next cycle (3rd time). Going to find work and research for the upcoming year. 

goodluck to everyone applying next year 

That's really tough to not hear back from 3 waitlists, but you know what, you are a really amazing person to have gotten three interviews in the first place! That's 200% more than what I got lol. Your time will come for sure <3