Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any info about last year's waitlist or general UofT waitlist info? I've been waitlisted this a.m. and have no idea how many are on the waitlist or how many ever get off it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have guesses on when they might release any waitlist offers? From some creeping back on the thread I found that a bunch got released either about two weeks after the initial offer date (obviously makes sense) and some roughly ten days after as well. I wish I had more of an idea of how many get rejected vs accepted off the waitlist but UofT seems to want to tell us nothing :( reject me already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like the waitlist for U of T might be a lot shorter than all of the other Ontario schools (based on the activity in this thread and the 2019 waitlist poll) ... but I presume they also wouldn't accept as many off the waitlist than any other school in Canada. Do you guys think U of T will be sending out acceptances tomorrow? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MonkeyDoodle said:

It seems like the waitlist for U of T might be a lot shorter than all of the other Ontario schools (based on the activity in this thread and the 2019 waitlist poll) ... but I presume they also wouldn't accept as many off the waitlist than any other school in Canada. Do you guys think U of T will be sending out acceptances tomorrow? 

Hi! I agree, I do think it's shorter but still tough to say how short - like maybe in the range of 30-80 people? Also FYI, I wanted to pass this on: called UofT a few days ago. They would tell me that there's been no waitlist movement yet and they wouldn't expect any until after the deadline, but that it may not be much depending on how many decline. They confirmed they over-offer initially but I presume they can't cut it TOO close so hopefully a couple of us will make it off! Based on my creeping I think tomorrow would be a likely day to hear from them. They also will probably let us know once there's little hope - I hear they reject people from the waitlist (bottom half or similar) once it's not likely to get an offer. 

Are you waitlisted or accepted anywhere else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Snow8765 said:

Hi! I agree, I do think it's shorter but still tough to say how short - like maybe in the range of 30-80 people? Also FYI, I wanted to pass this on: called UofT a few days ago. They would tell me that there's been no waitlist movement yet and they wouldn't expect any until after the deadline, but that it may not be much depending on how many decline. They confirmed they over-offer initially but I presume they can't cut it TOO close so hopefully a couple of us will make it off! Based on my creeping I think tomorrow would be a likely day to hear from them. They also will probably let us know once there's little hope - I hear they reject people from the waitlist (bottom half or similar) once it's not likely to get an offer. 

Are you waitlisted or accepted anywhere else?

Thank you! That's really helpful to know. I've heard from friends and acquaintances that there might be around 15-20 people who get off the waitlist each year (in total - both campuses). Anyway, best of luck @Snow8765!

Nope, I'm just waiting to hear back from U of T unfortunately. You? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MonkeyDoodle said:

Thank you! That's really helpful to know. I've heard from friends and acquaintances that there might be around 15-20 people who get off the waitlist each year (in total - both campuses). Anyway, best of luck @Snow8765!

Nope, I'm just waiting to hear back from U of T unfortunately. You? 

This and Mac! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update guys: I called UofT and they said that offers off waitlist will be made tomorrow since they’re still processing things today. They will also send out lots of rejections then too and only keep a couple people on the waitlist going forward (those people won’t hear anything tomorrow). Did emphasize that their waitlist is small but also said that quite a few rejections will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×