Premed 101 Forums

Anyone else get flat out rejected?

Hi all, congrats to everyone who got an acceptance! My email said "We had a very competitive applicant pool, and unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a position this year. Please accept our best wishes in all of your future endeavours", so I got flat out rejected. Did anyone else get rejected and not waitlisted? I haven't seen any and am losing my mind. PM me if you also got rejected and want to talk.

I saw my rejection last night on the student centre only to be confirmed by that very brief email this morning at 9am.  I honestly wasn't expecting a flat-out rejection either, considering what I thought was a decently strong application and interview and the previous posts which said they just waitlist people high-normal-low.  

It's clear to me by the number of people that have received rejections that the process has changed completely for Western. They no longer just waitlist everyone, so if you received a rejection, don't think you're some sort of abomination that scared them. You were probably just a few percentiles below the people who got accepted and waitlisted, but we're talking about such a competitive pool that it's nothing to be ashamed about. Just keep grinding and you'll get there.