Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2019

The weird thing about this year is that they seem to email the offers instead of calling. Technically, they can email all the offers out at once in one day. With calling, it probably takes longer so you would see movement over a few days.

Just now, GLWL said:

The weird thing about this year is that they seem to email the offers instead of calling. Technically, they can email all the offers out at once in one day. With calling, it probably takes longer so you would see movement over a few days.

Didn't they do both this year?

But yea there's no doubt that there's that voice in all our heads saying everything was sent out yesterday

1 minute ago, GLWL said:

But they had to call her, so maybe she just did a few to give her the time to talk to everyone who was accepted yesterday? Just speculating lol

1 minute ago, Inittowinit said:

Didn't they do both this year?

But yea there's no doubt that there's that voice in all our heads saying everything was sent out yesterday

Pretty sure they called and if you didn't answer they e-mailed. Based on previous threads they never sent out all offers in one day, don't think they changed that this year (?)

1 minute ago, Maggie19 said:

But they had to call her, so maybe she just did a few to give her the time to talk to everyone who was accepted yesterday? Just speculating lol

Yes you are right that would make sense. Because if they email everyone at once their phone lines would get absolutely bombarded lol. So let’s pray there is still some initial movement

1 minute ago, CanadiensFan1234 said:

Pretty sure they called and if you didn't answer they e-mailed. Based on previous threads they never sent out all offers in one day, don't think they changed that this year (?)

Everyone that posted that they received an offer from waitlist for English stream yesterday said they received an email and not a call.

1 minute ago, GLWL said:

Everyone that posted that they received an offer from waitlist for English stream yesterday said they received an email and not a call.

My friend got in. In the email, it said that’s Chantal would be in office until 4PM yesterday, and noon today. My guess is they sent a batch, gave time so people can call back, and tomorrow will continue. If the numbers are the same as past years, there should be about 70-90 waitlist offers, and to send all that in one day and ask them to call back would seem like a lot. Again, just speculating 

2 minutes ago, TheMoonshot said:

My friend got in. In the email, it said that’s Chantal would be in office until 4PM yesterday, and noon today. My guess is they sent a batch, gave time so people can call back, and tomorrow will continue. If the numbers are the same as past years, there should be about 70-90 waitlist offers, and to send all that in one day and ask them to call back would seem like a lot. Again, just speculating 

Hopefully that’s the case! 

2 minutes ago, TheMoonshot said:

As an aside, 70-90 offers is insane. Most of the class rejects their offers