Premed 101 Forums

16 minutes ago, memelord said:

I received mine at 7:25 for the French stream. Does anyone know if the CNFS and French stream emails are sent at the same time? 

I think they're sent at different times. I talked to about 4-5 people on the CNFS waitlist and we all have the same time stamp (7h34).

1 hour ago, GLWL said:

If you are on gmail, click the three dots in the right of your email, then click show original source, and scroll down a bit to see sent time.

Honestly, I do believe it is. I was in this position last year where everyone on the good waitlist was either 7:45 or 7:46. Nobody that had a 7:46 timestamp got in, and nearly everyone from the 7:45 got in. I was at the end of the 7:45 bin seconds wise, and I didn’t get in, so I believe it stopped pretty close to where I was on the list.

One thing we can’t predict is how many people are placed in each minute timestamp. Last year it stopped at the end of 7:45, but this year there could be more people in the 7:19 than the 7:18 for example, and it may continue through it a bit. I don’t mean to crush anyone’s hopes, it isn’t 100% confirmed, so when people start getting called, we will get a better idea if they can share their gpa and seconds timestamp.

Someone also asked about why there are some people who have 7:17. Those people all seem to be 7:17:5X so my speculation is that they are in the bin that Ottawa finished at when they sent the initial 116 offers. So what should happen on the 29th is those on 7:17 will hear first, then it will pass through 7:18 gradually, and hopefully into 7:19 if there is significant movement.

A close friend of mine got in w/ a 7:46 timestamp last year, but did not post on premed. I really don't think time stamps are a good indicator of ranking :/

40 minutes ago, MDGOAT said:

A close friend of mine got in w/ a 7:46 timestamp last year, but did not post on premed. I really don't think time stamps are a good indicator of ranking :/

Are you sure it was sent/created at 7:46 and not received at 7:46? 

46 minutes ago, GLWL said:

Are you sure it was sent/created at 7:46 and not received at 7:46? 

Yes. Although the theory looks plausible (and I hope its true because my time stamp was 7:17 haha), I wouldn't think about it too much. Previous waitlist threads have shown that they have called people in the second time-stamp on the first day. While that doesn't refute that timestamp = ranking, it does show we really can't predict ranking accurately at all :( 

Hmm that’s weird seeing that nobody else posted from 7:46 and a lot of people made accounts just to share. 

I guess we will find out in a weeks time :P

4 hours ago, GLWL said:

Also, I checked the AFMC 2019 PDF and it shows that last year, 84 people declined their offer at uOttawa (English and French). 

2017/2018 - 84 declined

2016/2017 - 93 declined

2015/2016 - 93 declined

2014/2015 - 88 declined.

So let’s hope it’s a decent amount this year lol.

Does anyone have any idea what the split is between English and French. I hoping the majority is English, and that might very well be the case, but I'm guessing that most people who apply to the french stream are Quebecers whom also applied to the Quebec schools, and if they got into Ottawa, there's a good chance they got into at least one of the Quebec schools (and would likely go to QC since tuition is much cheaper), and so the French stream would move significantly.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Just now, lioksse said:

Does anyone know what date/time we can expect the waitlist to begin moving this year?

My guess is it that the waitlist would start moving tomorrow morning, but this is just based off of movement in past yearS. 

Just now, TheMoonshot said:

My guess is it that the waitlist would start moving tomorrow morning, but this is just based off of movement in past yearS. 

Okay, thanks! I, for some reason, thought it would begin today. Guess I don't have to jump every time my phone buzzes yet 

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

literally DYING 

On 5/23/2019 at 3:38 AM, hey 123 said:

Hi guys, anyone from the french regular stream is going to be refusing an offer or removing themselves from the waitlist in favor of a Quebec school? 

I've seen comments from two users from French stream, stating that they will decline

Since the waitlist is expected to start moving soon, could those who are willing to share their stats do so in the following manner? It would really help those still waiting gauge where they are at on the waitlist, if there is a pattern.

An example (not real stats!):

Waitlist email time: 7:18:50 AM (time that the email was sent, not received)

Call time: 1:30 PM, May 20, 2019

wGPA: 3.952

Let me know if there's anything I missed! Best of luck to everyone

8 minutes ago, lioksse said:

Since the waitlist is expected to start moving soon, could those who are willing to share their stats do so in the following manner? It would really help those still waiting gauge where they are at on the waitlist, if there is a pattern.

An example (not real stats!):

Waitlist email time: 7:18:50 AM

Call time: 1:30 PM, May 20, 2019

wGPA: 3.95

Let me know if there's anything I missed! Best of luck to everyone

^^^

And make sure it’s the email sent time not received time lol

Best of luck to you all!

6 minutes ago, Fozol said:

:blink::blink::blink::blink: I'm losing it,

Why don't they start calling.

Have anyone received any email or call for French stream yet?

What is Chantell doing?

It's weird I went to see her last week and she said that French calls would be made little by little and not at a specific date...but I haven't heard of anyone in the French stream getting a call...