Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2019

7 hours ago, CanadiensFan1234 said:

~40 spots still open on the facebook group, really doubt it 

Hey! 13 of the group members are on the student society and not current applicants ;) And some who have joined might have already rejected their offer for another ON school, or could still reject later in favour of an OOP offer (UBC, McGill etc) 

4 minutes ago, -D- said:

Hey! 13 of the group members are on the student society and not current applicants ;) And some who have joined might have already rejected their offer for another ON school, or could still reject later in favour of an OOP offer (UBC, McGill etc) 

True, was just pointing out that theres still a lot more spots open 

18 hours ago, Inittowinit said:

My big worry here is that they did in fact go through the entire waitlist on Wednesday, and now only have very few spots to fill out

This is also my worry, I did call on Friday and they said they weren't done but also that they weren't sure after more questions. I wasn't talking to Chantel, someone else who isnt in charge of the calling/emailing process. The only reason why this is actually worrying me is how many people got off the waitlist on wednesday. Compared to previous year forums we had by far the most on the first day. I also know three people personally who got off on wednesday.

It seems like they've already sent out a decent number of spots, considering we've also moved through the end of 7:17 and most of  7:18 (if we are still using that theory, I hope not though  I'm 7:19 haha), compared to last year where we in the forums they say they didn't even get through all of 7:45 (there were two times last year 7:45 and 7:46). If we do not hear anything monday I think it is safe to say that we are done the first wave. Good luck everyone :(

On 5/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, Inittowinit said:

As an aside, 70-90 offers is insane. Most of the class rejects their offers

(70 + 90) / 2 = 80

164/2 = 82

Most =/= less than half the class.

The last reported numbers say that 84 declined their offer, which is slightly more than half the class (51.2%)

Posting this for everyones reference:

ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST ENGLISH STREAM

Waitlist email time: 7:17:58 AM 

Call email: RECEIVED at 1:10:01 PM. Gmail also says the email was created at 1:09 and delivered after 6 seconds (not sure if relevant but just putting it out there).

wGPA: 3.99

Best of luck to everyone waiting, I know how dreadful it is :( Keep positive and don't give up, it will happen <3

5 minutes ago, doctordancer said:

Posting this for everyones reference:

ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

Waitlist email time: 7:17:58 AM 

Call email: RECEIVED at 1:10:01 PM. Gmail also says the email was created at 1:09 and delivered after 6 seconds (not sure if relevant but just putting it out there).

wGPA: 3.99

Best of luck to everyone waiting, I know how dreadful it is :( Keep positive and don't give up, it will happen <3

Was this on the 29th? Congrats!

4 hours ago, cool_boy4 said:

This is also my worry, I did call on Friday and they said they weren't done but also that they weren't sure after more questions. I wasn't talking to Chantel, someone else who isnt in charge of the calling/emailing process. The only reason why this is actually worrying me is how many people got off the waitlist on wednesday. Compared to previous year forums we had by far the most on the first day. I also know three people personally who got off on wednesday.

It seems like they've already sent out a decent number of spots, considering we've also moved through the end of 7:17 and most of  7:18 (if we are still using that theory, I hope not though  I'm 7:19 haha), compared to last year where we in the forums they say they didn't even get through all of 7:45 (there were two times last year 7:45 and 7:46). If we do not hear anything monday I think it is safe to say that we are done the first wave. Good luck everyone :(

To be fair, it seems that the 7:17 time stamps were all in the late 40/50s...not sure if that’s significant or not 

31 minutes ago, Inittowinit said:

I think I speak for everyone when I say there’s this rotten feeling in my stomach telling me this is over for me. I know we don’t know that but that voice in my head is getting louder and more vicious

You are 5X so there is still hope. I was 5X last year and didn’t get in, but last year the waitlist moved only 84 spots, the fewest in the past years. It was 93 or 94 for the two previous years. So had it moved that much last year, I think all the 5X would have gotten in. Don’t lose hope

Congrats @TheMoonshot and @KinderSurprise, you guys deserve it!! Has anybody heard anything from french stream (regular) today? I am wondering if I still have any chance, I am on the good waitlist (french) with a wGPA of 3.83. My waitlist timestamp was 7:25:1X.