Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2019

Hi guys, I know this sort of message might not help much and you've already heard it 10283023974392573 times, but DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. ON. THIS. Stick the heck together, support one another, but DO NOT GIVE UP.

On Friday, I was convinced it was over. The forum wasn't updating and I figured that it's all said and done. I messaged another user on here, and that person, albeit a stranger, sent me some of the most supportive messages I've ever received. What this taught me is that it's a beautiful world after all, it's filled with wonderful, kindhearted people. Yes I got off the list but if that didn't happen, I WOULD KEEP GOING. I'm 25 years old, by the way, so it's not an ideal situation but guess what? The world isn't always up to one's ideals and even then, what I've learned is that there are always hidden opportunities in every "failure". The wait isn't over yet, but if it comes to that, you get back up, you keep grinding, and you do with a confidence inside, knowing that ONE DAY WILL BE YOUR DAY. The person on here sent me this wonderful parable to read, and I will link it here because it got me through a very difficult time the other day: https://medium.com/@Dontgiveup/growing-your-bamboo-tree-a-parable-on-patience-perseverance-and-success-5a2ec842dbd6

3 minutes ago, dreamer2914 said:

I thought I'd let everyone know that I had a chance to speak with Diane Parent today from the admissions office. Offers for the English stream are still going out so don't lose hope yet! The second wave of waitlist offers are likely to go out on June 6th

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here!!! 

57 minutes ago, dreamer2914 said:

I thought I'd let everyone know that I had a chance to speak with Diane Parent today from the admissions office. Offers for the English stream are still going out so don't lose hope yet! The second wave of waitlist offers are likely to go out on June 6th

Does this also apply for the French stream?

On 6/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, bobbythunder said:

I just got my email from Chantal! Will be accepting!

My wGPA was 3.98 and initial email time was 7:19:01. 

For those that are still waiting, I know how tough it is, but don't lose hope!

Congrats!

I was just wondering, I have wGPA 3.99 and initial email timestamp was 7:19:0X. Does anyone have any thoughts? Did they skip?