Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Group 2019

1 hour ago, acaringdocwannabe said:

I received a high waitlist position. I was wondering what the chances are of receiving an offer from HWL? Also, is it safe to assume that there will be no waitlist movement before May 29th? 

In past years, the high waitlist has tended to clear fully. Whether that will continue this year is to be seen. The waitlist in previous years did not start to move until at least 2 weeks post admissions.

15 minutes ago, Supervenience said:

In past years, the high waitlist has tended to clear fully. Whether that will continue this year is to be seen. The waitlist in previous years did not start to move until at least 2 weeks post admissions.

yeah it has been awhile since it hasn't cleared. 

2 hours ago, poopedthepants said:

In the 2018 entering year, 99 people rejected their offers (22%). It's still hard to say how many people on the normal waitlist will get in, since we don't know the size of the high waitlist, but stay strong!

I'm just curious where you found this statistic? I've looked all over their website but couldn't find anything.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, Supervenience said:

??

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, isitlunchtimeyet said:

For everyone who's as neurotic as me i compared last year's dates to this year and came up with these as predicted days for waitlist movement: 

May 31st (friday) = high waitlist 

June 4th (tues) = normal waitlist

You think you're neurotic? My wife decided to look at every year she could find. She read back far enough that people were waiting for letters in the mail and asking what the envelopes looked like. I can't imagine having to wait for physical mail to arrive. From past cycles, she found a couple recent Thursdays where they got started with waitlist offers.

2017: Thursday
2016: Thursday
2015: Friday
2014: Friday
2013: Friday
2012: Monday
2011: Tuesday

Obviously we're no closer to knowing when things will start to move, but I guess it helps to stay busy, right?

Is there any chance of getting off the bad waitlist by June 10th? I was fortunate enough to get into McMaster off their waitlist on Tuesday and I'm pretty set on accepting that offer but I wanted to ease my conscious a bit by convincing myself I had no choice anyway lol (because there's no chance I'll get off the Western waitlist in time, if it all)

I was leaning just a bit towards McMaster before May 14th (60/40) anyway so I most likely would still choose Mac. Someone please just tell me there's no way I can get into Western off the bad waitlist by June 10th so I can just accept and appreciate the offer I have and be at ease lol. 

(also just a read a bit up the thread and learned that the lower on the waitlist you are the more likely you are to end up at the Windsor campus? That's different from Mac and would solidify my decision further)

4 minutes ago, yohohoy said:

Is there any chance of getting off the bad waitlist by June 10th? I was fortunate enough to get into McMaster off their waitlist on Tuesday and I'm pretty set on accepting that offer but I wanted to ease my conscious a bit by convincing myself I had no choice anyway lol (because there's no chance I'll get off the Western waitlist in time, if it all)

I was leaning just a bit towards McMaster before May 14th (60/40) anyway so I most likely would still choose Mac. Someone please just tell me there's no way I can get into Western off the bad waitlist by June 10th so I can just accept and appreciate the offer I have and be at ease lol. 

(also just a read a bit up the thread and learned that the lower on the waitlist you are the more likely you are to end up at the Windsor campus? That's different from Mac and would solidify my decision further)

The waitlist has never gone past 1/3 to 1/2 of the normal waitlist. If you're on the bad waitlist you  can take that as a rejection.

8 hours ago, yohohoy said:

Bad waitlist is just their nice way of saying rejected