Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anon9675

UofA Waitlist Thread

Thought I'd start this thread out for us on the waitlist. Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist and the odds of coming off? I can see on the documents, the timestamp and document ID #. Do any of you suppose this might be related to placement on the waitlist?

In previous years it appears they sent out the first wave of waitlist offers on the deadline day for accepted applicants (which was today). Anyone hear anything today? It seems they've sent out a few scattered offers off the waitlist over the past 2 weeks, I am wondering if they''ll continue like that, or if there will be one day where a bunch go out? Perhaps on Monday? I (and many others probably) am just wondering at what point this summer are the chances of getting off the waitlist low enough that I should start planning my life for next year ... perhaps now??? ... :/ ahhh 

Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. Just waiting... I'm going to start sending my resumes out to some companies where my friends can refer me on Tuesday if I don't hear anything on Monday. There will always be a possibility (otherwise you wouldn't be on the waitlist unless the UofA is evil) but I think movements will be slow after Monday. Keep your head up man. You got this far, next year might be the year! 

They have already sent out a number of waitlist offers ( I was one) Likely there will be lots of movement this coming up week. And after that will be very slow. 

15 minutes ago, stoicmd said:

Wondering if there's been any movement on waitlist offers since yesterday? 

Every year there seems to be one day at end of May when a bunch go out, but it SEEMS like the offers thus far have been random and staggered (which is strange because you'd think it would be confusing on their end to have all these different acceptance deadlines with all these different days they've be sending offers off the waitlist). 

^ same as above omg haha already had accepted an Ontario offer, randomly checked my email and got off the waitlist monday! Declined today, let's get more people on the waitlist moving :)

Do you guys think that “majority” of the waitlist offers have been sent out already? I was fortunate enough to get accepted to Calgary and Im in the process of signing a lease for an apartment with a roommate, and I wasn’t sure if I should commit to the apartment without knowing if there’s a chance of being accepted at UoA(my home city).... I don’t wanna commit now and next week get the acceptance offer and back out from the lease and my roommate 

I would say there is still some movement to be had. I would wait honestly... I know for myself I am waiting for the opposite. Wanna switch? haha

Based on this forum it seems as though they haven't sent out many offers yet, which doesn't make sense with trends of previous years. But I am now thinking that they have sent out a lot of waitlist offers but this forum is just super inactive this cycle 

IP, Accepted of the waitlist June 5th.

I usually just lurk here, but thought I’d update you guys to let you know that there still seems to be movement on the waitlist. We are given a week to respond, so it seems there will probably be movement for another couple of weeks.

Hang in there, I know how excruciating being on the WL can be.