Premed 101 Forums

2019 uOttawa Waitlist Poll

2019 uOttawa Waitlist Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Your current status:

• You were offered admission - Will decline it in favour of another school
    • You are on the GOOD waitlist - Will remove your name from list in favour of another school
    • You are on the GOOD waitlist - Will continue to wait and accept if offered admission
    • You are on the bad waitlist

I think this is a good idea to get an idea of the amount of how many people are ON the waitlist, but I feel like these polls are meaningless if you're trying to figure out the proportion of people in each category. There is likely a strong reporting bias in that people who are good waitlisted would be a lot more likely to revisit these threads than someone who is already accepted, willing to decline, or on the bad waitlist.

1 hour ago, bobbythunder said:

How does one know if they are placed on the good or bad wailist, do they still indicate this. I felt that my email was pretty neutral and didnt indicate whether it was good or bad waitlist. Also do you have any clue on the size of the waitlsit in general.

It sounds like this year if your email was "neutral", then you are indeed on the good waitlist.

Unfortunately I don't know how many people are on that waitlist but would be great if someone more knowledgeable could chime in. On one thread I had read that they place 200 people on the good waitlist and only end up inviting ~60 of those people. I really don't know though