Premed 101 Forums

UofA DDS 2023 Acceptance/WL/Rejected Thread

Early acceptances for the UofA DDS 2023 class should be out! 

Just a reminder for anyone who doesn't hear back for early acceptances in May (which is only a short list), the general acceptances/WL/rejections should be released in late June.

I will post a link to our Facebook page after acceptances roll out.

Congratulations to all those who are accepted, we can't wait to meet you all!!

P.S. Feel free to comment DAT, GPA, MMI Score, and Geography with results. This helps future applicants get an idea of where they stand

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, DDS2023 said:

Does anyone know what UofAs policy is on defering early acceptance? Would I get admission into the following year if i chose to take a year off prior to starting?

You would need to provide a pretty good reason for the deferral. I know the faculty has done this is the past but you would need a pretty extenuating circumstance (like major family issue). 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello WL again. 

3.88, 70, 32 

I guess I get another year to work on my nervous demeanor and my incompetence with the MMIs unless WL pulls through. My GPA is more or less hardstuck and I don't have it in me to rewrite the DAT a 4th time. Lots of stuff on my mind but I'll be distracting myself in the meantime hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Congrats to everyone that managed to get in. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, purplethang said:

Any waitlist movement so far? Seems like the stats are all over the place this year.

Some of my friends who are waitlisted have scores that would place them higher (if they calculate our rankings 50%,25%,25%) than certain people who got accepted. And some who were accepted have below average DAT or interview score when compared to previous years...

Not trying to undermine those who got accepted. Huge congratulations to those who did. You guys most definitely earned it!

Does anyone know if UofA standardizes our scores? The admissions office seems to be very secretive with how they do these things.

I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard anything :(

On 7/9/2019 at 2:38 PM, 2020vision said:

I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard anything :(

FYI, When I was on the waitlist two years ago I asked about what was the latest we would hear back and this is what I was told:

"I will be closing all remaining files after day one of class Aug. 28/17 as sometimes accepted applicants change their mind, go another route and leave us with an open spot which we would then scramble to fill at that time."

I got my rejection letter that year on Aug 28. 

This year class starts on August 26th, so you won't know for quite a while if it is a rejection, but you could also get an acceptance that late if they have a spot to fill or if another waitlister rejects their spot. It's stressful, I know. Make your plans for next year and cross your fingers you get to cancel them!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...