Premed 101 Forums

Normal/Middle Wait List Odds

I was placed on the normal/middle wait list for Western. I know the high wait list almost always clears but was wondering about the middle wait list. Do a good number of people get in off of it or is it only a few people? I'm just trying to get an understanding of my chances so I can set my expectations realistically. Hoping that it moves but would appreciate any additional insight/information.

Also does waitlist movement happen pretty quickly? Do they clear high wait list in a few days and move onto the normal one immediately in June or does it the majority of waitlist movement extend later into the summer? 

High waitlist will start to clear end of may after may 28 as that's the deadline for people to accept offers.

Historically, about 1/3 to 1/2 of the normal waitlist clears but this year it may be different as it looks like less people are on the wait list and they outright rejected more people. So the odds are a little better.

I would say your chances are anywhere between 35-50%. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, amsterdam11 said:

Does anyone know when the class is full email is usually sent out (still on normal waitlist and its getting very nerve wracking)! Also, at this point should those of us who are still on the normal waitlist give up hope...

Usually in august.

at this point almost all of the spots are filled. We might not see any more movement, and if we do it will be one or two because of some emergencies or something unexpected happening to someone accepted.