Premed 101 Forums

Applying to Medical School Before Finishing a Masters

Hey everyone, 

Do you guys know which medical schools will allow you to leave your master's program early to go to medical school? I am currently enrolled in a professional master's degree and was planning on applying to medicine and leaving my program early. From the research that I have done, it looks like I can only apply to Ottawa and McMaster? Is this true?

9 minutes ago, ptstudent96 said:

Hey everyone, 

Do you guys know which medical schools will allow you to leave your master's program early to go to medical school? I am currently enrolled in a professional master's degree and was planning on applying to medicine and leaving my program early. From the research that I have done, it looks like I can only apply to Ottawa and McMaster? Is this true?

For Mac although you can, you need a letter from supervisor, supervisory committee or chair of department saying they’re aware that you’re applying to med school.  Idk about your situation but they may not be happy about the idea of you leaving early! https://mdprogram.mcmaster.ca/md-program-admissions/how-to-apply/graduate-work