Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone gotten in with a ~3.6 GPA ?

Hi, my GPA is ~3.6 (due to personal events, health concerns etc.; does not reflect my true academic ability) and I want to get in to the Fall 2020 cohort. I am entering my 4th year this fall. I am studying for the mcat this summer and focusing mainly on CARS. If I get a 130+ on CARS and do well on casper, do I have a chance, given my low GPA? Has anyone been in a similar situation before, and if so how'd it go? 

Take it for what it's worth, but I am on the waitlist currently.

I applied with a 3.69 GPA, a 128 on CARS, and I must have done very well on CASPer. My interview went very okay - my low GPA and MCAT likely put me on the bottom of the waitlist, and even if I did perform well on the interview it makes sense I was waitlisted due to my average to below average other stats!

11 minutes ago, Anderfishy said:

Take it for what it's worth, but I am on the waitlist currently.

I applied with a 3.69 GPA, a 128 on CARS, and I must have done very well on CASPer. My interview went very okay - my low GPA and MCAT likely put me on the bottom of the waitlist, and even if I did perform well on the interview it makes sense I was waitlisted due to my average to below average other stats!

The interview's worth 70% of the rank order, so it's all up in the air now.