Premed 101 Forums

What will Class of 2023's backpack colour be?

1 hour ago, canadianguy7 said:

So its gonna be green then :P Cause all the other backpacks have a green tinge to the zipper
image.png.d85888a4c288e2796aceed3f22a35144.png

They do this every year though. Last year it was the same and it ended up being red.

My guess is they use a green bag as the model one to green screen it to change all the colours is done. 

On 6/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, krwn said:

They do this every year though. Last year it was the same and it ended up being red.

My guess is they use a green bag as the model one to green screen it to change all the colours is done. 

@canadianguy7 We were all pretty convinced it was going to be green last year because of the exact same thing and then they pulled out a red backpack. So.

Anyone know if the backpacks are still happening this year now that the Scotiabank purchase of MD Management has been finalized for a greater period of time. I'm a first year at Calgary and there doesn't seem to be any mention of a CMA event or backpack session in the orientation material. Is it possible the backpack tradition is dead after all these years?

40 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Anyone know if the backpacks are still happening this year now that the Scotiabank purchase of MD Management has been finalized for a greater period of time. I'm a first year at Calgary and there doesn't seem to be any mention of a CMA event or backpack session in the orientation material. Is it possible the backpack tradition is dead after all these years?

The backpacks will be revealed in Calgary on Thursday based on CMA's Instagram

1 hour ago, seatosea said:

Do you know if students in Calgary get their bags today (the 3rd) or tomorrow, the 4th? I know the instagram reveal is supposed to be on the 4th but I'm wondering if Calgary students will find out today and be willing to share the colour? 

Pretty sure it’s the 4th that they get them. 

44 minutes ago, knoxjax99 said:

Pretty sure it’s the 4th that they get them. 

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but then I went and looked at their orientation week schedule (https://www.ucalgary.ca/mdprogram/files/mdprogram/class-of-2022-orientation-schedule-june-14-2019a.pdf) and it kinda seems more like something that would happen today, but it's hard to tell. I should check their page here. I guess either way it's just one more day's wait. 

21 minutes ago, seatosea said:

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but then I went and looked at their orientation week schedule (https://www.ucalgary.ca/mdprogram/files/mdprogram/class-of-2022-orientation-schedule-june-14-2019a.pdf) and it kinda seems more like something that would happen today, but it's hard to tell. I should check their page here. I guess either way it's just one more day's wait. 

Hm. Yeah I have to agree with you now. I hope it’s today! Yeah I’ll monitor their forums too.

5 minutes ago, manolo59 said:

It could be the students union presentation tmr

Yeah, I was wondering the same, and also thinking maybe the Finance presentation since it's MD Financial.

Of the 5 colours in the poll, I feel like green or yellow are the most likely. 2010 was already grey, so that seems unlikely. Both 2012 and 2018 were red, which is sort of close to blood orange. And the turquoise is similar to the light green of 2014. That said, to me 2017 and 2011 look like very similar shades of blue so maybe it will be the blood orange or turquoise.