Premed 101 Forums

ATTN: Newly Accepted Applicants!

Congratulations of your recent admission to medicine! As a prior (unsuccessful thus far) applicant, I can only imagine the amount of excitement and relief you are feeling knowing all your hard work has paid off! I am currently undertaking a Master of Science in global health and social medicine and after interacting with this incredible community in the past, I’ve decided to do my dissertation on pre-medical students who are at the beginning of their medical careers. 

For those who have done research in the past, you know how difficult it is to find participants. I am looking to do a 10-minute interview (longer if you want to keep talking though!) regarding how you prepared for your application to medicine and your journey as a pre-medical student up until this exciting time. This is essentially a pilot project designed to better understand the pre-medical student community and the effects of the admission requirements on knowledge and education. As it stands, this MASSIVE community of students is very neglected in literature and I’d like to change that.

The interview will be anonymized, and I would be happy to use whatever form of communication you’re most comfortable with. Your small amount time would mean the world to me and would help paint one of the first pictures of pre-medical students in Canada.  

Please send me a message on these forums if you’re interested!

Thank you and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you! 

-EthicsForBreakfast

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...