Premed 101 Forums

wGPA Calculation?

Hi all,

I am a PharmD student at UofT, just finished year 2. I have previously completed my BSc. I am unsure of how exactly my wGPA would be calculated by UO, as the website and OMSAS imply they only look at 3 years’ worth of grades from an undergrad program leading to a bachelors degree. I have tried to email admissions to ask how exactly they might consider me, but received no answer.

Would anyone be able to tell me if my PharmD grades would be used at all? Or is it all based on the last 3 years of my undergrad? Thanks!

2 hours ago, ms0307 said:

Hi all,

I am a PharmD student at UofT, just finished year 2. I have previously completed my BSc. I am unsure of how exactly my wGPA would be calculated by UO, as the website and OMSAS imply they only look at 3 years’ worth of grades from an undergrad program leading to a bachelors degree. I have tried to email admissions to ask how exactly they might consider me, but received no answer.

Would anyone be able to tell me if my PharmD grades would be used at all? Or is it all based on the last 3 years of my undergrad? Thanks!

only 3 yr undergrad, asked the same question 2 weeks ago

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, candycane1 said:

Another question on this, 
In my fourth year, for one semester I have 2 online courses and 3 in class. 
I am not too sure on what the official requirement is for online vs. in class courses is?
Would Appreciate any feedback!

This is from the Ottawa website:

In order for the academic year to count towards the WGPA calculation, a maximum of one pass/fail graded course per semester may have been completed in accordance with the five courses per semester each year requirement.  Therefore, an academic year in which more than one pass/fail graded course was taken in one semester is not considered in the WGPA calculation. The same rule will be applied for distance education (online) courses.

So in your case, unfortunately, that year may not count toward the wGPA.