Premed 101 Forums

GPA question - 10 year rule /grad school

Hi all,

Just hoping for some help from anyone familiar with gpa calculation for U of C! 

Here are my undergrad years and gpa’s:

Year 1 (2008/09): 2.56

Year 2 (2009/10): 2.55

- took a break from a social science degree (still registered at university) and did a college diploma in nursing. Returned to the same university and continued in an undergrad nursing degree:

Year 3 (2012/13): 3.86

Year 4 (2013/14): 3.87

Year 5 (2014/14): 3.93 (only 10 credits due to pass/fail

Completing work for an MSc this fall (foreign grades) which will be conferred in the spring of 2020.

Can anyone help me figure out which years would be used for the gpa calc?

Thanks so much!

If you choose the 10 year exclusion rule (gives you the option to do so when filling the application) they will only use grades from 2009/2010 onwards (this is if you're applying in this coming cycle of 2019/2020). If you also choose to drop your lowest year, you'll be able to drop 2009/10 grades as they are the lowest overall. Not sure if year 5 will be factored in as it only had 10 credits so maybe give them a call to confirm or scour the applicant manual for info on years with non-full course load (24 credits). Works out well for you overall I'd say regardless of whether year 5 is included or not. :) best of luck