Premed 101 Forums

How does MUN evaluate ECs?

Hi Everyone, 

It's not exactly clean how (or when) MUN evaluates the extracurriculars of applicants. For the Ontario Universities, it's directly in the application portal of OMSAS, via the autobiographical sketch. Does MUN have a similar system through the CaRMS portal? Or are they evaluated at the interview stage (and then interview are based solely on GPA/MCAT)?

Cheers!

There’s place in the CaRMS portal for you to enter your ECs, an autobiographical sketch among a few other things. 

It seems as though for OOP applicants interviews are based on GPA/MCAT only, with ECs coming into play after the interview. I think this process is somewhat different for NL, NB, and PEI applicants though (due to volume of applications for only 6 seats). 

2 hours ago, PulsusParadoxus said:

There’s place in the CaRMS portal for you to enter your ECs, an autobiographical sketch among a few other things. 

It seems as though for OOP applicants interviews are based on GPA/MCAT only, with ECs coming into play after the interview. I think this process is somewhat different for NL, NB, and PEI applicants though (due to volume of applications for only 6 seats). 

Thanks very much for the reply! I guess I'll just have to wait for the CaRMS to open up then. Not too long.