Premed 101 Forums

42 minutes ago, Peaka said:

I know coming back to Canada is hard near impossible but also I'm not sure I would want to come back as I don't really have any family here.

Consider how you'd feel with the above change because that is the reality of the situation. 

Ultimately, if you can see yourself staying in Belgium/EU forever, then you can consider this. But if you at all want to have a chance at working in Canada one day, this is not the way to go especially since you have gotten an interview here already.

Belgian medical schools teach either in Dutch or French. There is no English language instruction in Belgium, from what I know.

EDIT: just realized you can speak french. 

I am of the opinion that you must exhaust all options before going the European or Caribbean route.

The general consensus is Canada MD > US MD > US DO >>>> Caribbean=Europe

There are a plethora of different factors to consider here. 

1. Salary is higher in North America  ( US MD=US DO(Highest) > Canada MD >> Europe)

2. Length of Study is 3-4 years in North America, 4-6 years in Europe ( Canada(Shortest) > US MD = US DO > Europe)

3. Lifestyle is very different in North America (Ranking will depend on your lifestyle preferences)

4. Specialization is a lot more tough abroad (Canada (Easiest) > US MD > US DO >>Caribbean/Europe)

5. Return to Canada is tougher from Europe (US MD (Easiest) > US DO > Caribbean >> Ireland >>> Rest of Europe)

• xyzz changed the title to .