Premed 101 Forums

Worth Applying?

Any insight on whether on not I should still apply to USMD schools for this cycle? I'm Canadian and hoping to go back to Canada for residency, so don't want to apply to USDO schools. I have gotten interview invites in province in the past 2 cycles but want to broaden to the US this year to hopefully increase my options/chances.

I forgot that US schools start the application process in June, and for most of June I was hoping to come off the waitlist for a Canadian school.

Should I still apply to US schools? I haven't really started my application so I think I'd probably end up applying by the end of the month?

If you submit your application with your personal statement and ABS within the next 3 days to a random med school (then later add in ones of interest), you might be able to pull through. The primary application verification takes a very long time (about 6 weeks), the rate determining step of why it's going to be a waste of money if you submit your primary app in end of July.