Premed 101 Forums

Cost of stethoscopes via school vs Amazon

Hi guys,

Just planning ahead here re: stethoscopes. I know that there's a rep from Littmann through which we can order the stethoscopes in September, but if the discount is as good as Amazon, then I might as well order it now through there. Does anyone know how much it ends up costing if you buy it through the school? Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, KinderSurprise said:

Hi guys,

Just planning ahead here re: stethoscopes. I know that there's a rep from Littmann through which we can order the stethoscopes in September, but if the discount is as good as Amazon, then I might as well order it now through there. Does anyone know how much it ends up costing if you buy it through the school? Thanks in advance!

I believe it was around 250, though I can’t totally remember through the littman rep. Also make sure to get the model recommended by the school (I believe it’s a littman cardiology 4). Also you don’t need your stethoscope until after winter break so there’s really no rush for you to have it very early on. 

5 hours ago, m_jacob_45 said:

I believe it was around 250, though I can’t totally remember through the littman rep. Also make sure to get the model recommended by the school (I believe it’s a littman cardiology 4). Also you don’t need your stethoscope until after winter break so there’s really no rush for you to have it very early on. 

Sweet, thank you so much. If no rush, then I will wait on this for now. And wow, cardiology 4 is the expensive one — I was sure the classic 3 would do, but if that’s what they recommend then!..

2 hours ago, Donald_Duck said:

I would suggest going with an option that has free engraving. This helps especially in the future when mixups or lost stethoscopes are hard to retrieve without your name on it.

Mr Duck

Thank you so much. I’m surprised free engraving is even an option lol. It’s a great point re: mixups, especially if it’s $250..